New 90 Gallon DIY Tank in Our Greenhouse

Palancar

Aussie Acan Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures of our 90 gallon DIY tank in our greenhouse. This tank put bumped up our greenhouse system to 510 gallons. I moved some of our larger pieces of corals to it so we would have more room in the vat for frags.
The tank's dimensions are 48" long x 30" wide x 16" deep. The wife loves it and now wants more fish and corals.

DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0653.jpg

DSC_0654.jpg

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some HUGE corals in that tank...they look very happy. What is that to the right of the favia in the last picture on the bottom. Almost looks like a Rhyzo...is it?

OP
OP
Palancar

Palancar

Aussie Acan Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one of our Duncans. We are very proud of the large pieces, especially the cup coral in the center it was one of few corals that survived Hurricane Rita and still going strong.

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pink color threw me off. I'd love to see a full face shot of that duncan...I'm wondering what color the face is. Having anything survive a hurricane is testament to the keeper...I'm sure you worked very hard to keep it going during a very rough time. PS. I would love to see some pictures of your whole greenhouse posted in the lounge area....very nice.

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree super nice colony's, and like the tank dimensions . were you in SW Louisiana

OP
OP
Palancar

Palancar

Aussie Acan Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pink color threw me off. I'd love to see a full face shot of that duncan...I'm wondering what color the face is. Having anything survive a hurricane is testament to the keeper...I'm sure you worked very hard to keep it going during a very rough time. PS. I would love to see some pictures of your whole greenhouse posted in the lounge area....very nice.

The thing that did most of our system in was the heat. It was a choice between the system chiller or refrigerator and freezer and small AC at night for over 3 weeks. After going through that, a person really finds out how much they love the hobby. I will get a picture of the Duncan and see if I can find some of the latest pictures of the vat to post. Here is a closeup of the Duncan.

DSC_0655.jpg

I agree super nice colony's, and like the tank dimensions . were you in SW Louisiana

Thanks, I built the tank for the width and proud to say from recycled glass from other tanks I had hanging around. We came back 3 days after the storm passed and started cleaning up and helping our neighbors, glad to say we made some lasting friends out of the ordeal, but that is past history.

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back