New Acan to the tank

NanoMan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8AC3A363-C517-4D32-86A2-5AF9A9898B3D.jpeg

Added this to my tank yesterday. Couldn’t pass up the deal picked on the new guy at the LFS and got the frag for $20. Any tips on keeping them healthy and growing? Currently have them in the tank with some GSP, Zoa’s, Riccordia mushroom. Nothing is touching they are hanging out in the middle of my sand bed. Target fed them phytoplankton and reef roids. Anything else I need to know? 3C79F80F-E747-4B01-BF3E-3A661E181331.jpeg

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a good spot. I don’t spot feed mine but others do.Keep doing doing water changes and feeding the fish and you should be good to go. I’m assuming you giving them enough light.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NanoMan16

NanoMan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a good spot. I don’t spot feed mine but others do.Keep doing doing water changes and feeding the fish and you should be good to go. I’m assuming you giving them enough light.
Yeah 12 hrs total blue and whites come on for 8 of it to allow the sun rise and set effect. It’s a biocube so not too much room.

Upvote 0

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a good spot.
Acans are fairly tolerant of lighting; they prefer moderate light and flow. I have numerous acans (one of my favorites) and they are all mid tank around 90 par and are doing quite well. They don't do well when shaded (learned that one the hard way!)

They can have some aggressive sweepers, so be careful to keep them clear of others. I don't target feed my acans, but I broadcast feed with coral feast and mysis when I feed my fish. They have a beautiful feeding response, that's for sure!
Best of luck with your new add!

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back