New Acropora No Name Packs

Discussion in 'Boom Corals' started by BoomCorals, Jan 24, 2018.

1. BoomCorals

BoomCorals www.boomcorals.com R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor

As I move towards carrying almost exclusively SPS, I want to try something new. I have access to these newly aquacultured No Name Acropora that came from wild/maricultured pieces that were grown and colored up, then fragged a month or two ago then healed. They are basically like "brownies" but already colored up and proven to survive captivity since they were fragged and grown. So, truly high potential.

As of today I am offering them as custom Acropora no name packs. You don't get to pick your frags, but they will be affordable and already showing potential. They also will be 4-6 weeks healed, which means they are encrusting nicely. I will always do my best to give you variety in color and species based upon what I have available.

If you are interested, simply contact me via PM or email matt@boomcorals.com and let me know how many you'd like. The price is $29.99 per frag plus shipping (as usual, free shipping for orders over $249).

Here are a whole bunch of samples of the frags I have available today. All pics taken under ATI T5 bulbs, blue+, coral+, purple+, and TA.

The frags come on larger than normal discs, around 1.5” discs. Most are 1”-1.5” tall, encrusted, some multiple branches. On occasion there will be a smaller frag than that, but also sometimes I get a bigger frag. See here for pics from a customer: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-acropora-no-name-packs.353728/page-2#post-4411780

Boom-1001.jpg

Boom-1003.jpg

Boom-1005.jpg

Boom-1007.jpg

Boom-1010.jpg

Boom-1014.jpg

Boom-1016.jpg

Boom-1019.jpg

Boom-1022.jpg

Boom-1023.jpg

Boom-1026.jpg

Boom-1028.jpg

Boom-1034.jpg

Boom-1036.jpg

Boom-1037.jpg

Boom-1039.jpg

Boom-1042.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    S-t-r-e-t-c-h, erk, DSC reef and 3 others like this.
    Tags:

2. stylaster

stylaster Reefer since '90 R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Spotlight Award Build Thread Contributor

Nice colored brownies!

3. BoomCorals

BoomCorals www.boomcorals.com R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor

I agree! And most of them are all a decent size, between 3/4" and 1.5" and some multiple branches too. So for the price and the coloring and being well encrusted, you really can't go wrong. I have 30 of these in stock right now, and if it goes well I'll keep getting them.

crabs_mcjones, DSC reef and Maritimer like this.
  4. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Nice!

5. Scdell

Scdell Member

I like the idea a lot. Just would like to be able to,pick what I want.

6. BoomCorals

I could do that but then I'd have to adjust prices accordingly based on the coral's look/coloration. By letting me pick a variety I can charge the same per frag essentially and balance it out. Plus it's also going to be a LOT more work for me then as I'll have to create a new item on my website for every single piece I get in that is a no name (30 just from what I have currently, plus more if they sell), so more overhead, so that will drive up the price too.

If no one likes the no name SPS pack and no one buys them, then I'll do that, but then the prices will reflect that and it won't be $29.99 per frag in a blind pack.

@crabs_mcjones stopped by tonight and he can tell you that this is well worth it.

Tuffyyyyy, S-t-r-e-t-c-h and DSC reef like this.
  7. BootyPup

BootyPup Member

Too bad I am still looking for a job, I would love to buy this. Hopefully tomorrow goes well :D

8. crabs_mcjones

crabs_mcjones Hooray, I'm useful! R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Stopped out by Matt last night. Saw this frag pack in person. And I have to say, if I wasn't already buying a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff from him at the time I would have snagged up this frag pack :) :) You can vaguely see it in the pictures as they are mostly focused on the upper part of the coral, but these frags are very well encrusted on the frag plug, and are really great growers. And the colors! There is no camera in the world that can capture the true colors of these corals for you all to see by the naked eye. Picture #12 was especially awesome to see in person and super interesting. Green polyps at the base and encrusting part, but then purple polyps on the stick. Whomever grabs this pack is going to be extremely happy with it...Just hopefully my wife doesn't give me the go ahead before someone else gets it ;)

BootyPup likes this.
  9. BootyPup

BootyPup Member

Yeah I loved the encrusting I saw, hopefully, I am able to get some.

crabs_mcjones likes this.
  10. Scdell

Scdell Member

Yeah, I did notice all that you described. And that is the reason I pulled the trigger on 4 of them!

BoomCorals and crabs_mcjones like this.
  11. crabs_mcjones

crabs_mcjones Hooray, I'm useful! R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

NICE! Definitely take some pictures and post when you get them in your tank and acclimated :)

12. Scdell

Scdell Member

Will do! I'm kinda excited now! Had to think about it overnight.

13. erk

erk Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

If I didn't have so many corals now, I'd totally jump on this. Maybe I need to setup a frag tank so I can collect more stuff.

14. crabs_mcjones

Sounds like you just found a solution to your question ;) LOL

erk likes this.
  15. BoomCorals

Thanks @crabs_mcjones :) I have sold about 14 of the frags so far, 16 remaining.

Scdell and crabs_mcjones like this.
  16. crabs_mcjones

Awesome!

17. Scdell

Scdell Member

I'm actually warming up to the idea of not being able to pick the frags. Don't know what I'm going to get. Curiosity has gotten the best of me!

18. BoomCorals

It can be exciting!

On that note I’m down to less than 10 frags for now!

19. Scdell

Scdell Member

Well, it looks like you will be getting more! Good. Success!

BoomCorals likes this.
  20. BoomCorals

Just a quick note - these no name packs are ACROPORA only. No montis or stylos or birdsnest, etc. Also, because of the popularity I have ordered more frags!

Scdell and Nola Bear like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted