New ai app download? What happened ??

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone. Tonight I got the ai app update. It said restore settings and better wave maker functions. Ok so it downloaded to my 3 ai prime and one Nero 5. 1 prime is in my frag tank and it just went black. Even though it shows the saxby is supposed to go longer. The other two same saxby on my main display are still lit. If I click connect and do a show. The light comes on. What happened. Anyone else know?? This light in my frag tank is supposed to be lit until after 8 pm

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok now my main display has blacked out. No lights. But all three lights have the green logo lit and if I want to I can turn them on if I edit ?

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok now my main display has blacked out. No lights. But all three lights have the green logo lit and if I want to I can turn them on if I edit

last thing I just did was turn off lunar on my frag tank. When I did that. The light came back on

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I turn the lunar mode off the lights work. Well so much for that! If I bring up saxby and try to edit and add moonlight it won’t work.

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My single prime 16hd blacked out as well. Running the Saxby setting also. I did a hard reset and now it won’t connect. Frustrating for sure. Hopefully someone will chime in with some advice!

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to update my 4 lights and 3 pumps. Has it been resolved yet?

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still can’t get mine hooked up and back on. I’ll call AI customer service this morning and see what I can learn.
Thanks. What a pain. I had it set just right before this happened

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you need to reconfigure the light, as in basically setting it up again as if new. If you had your settings saved (or a pre-set setting like Saxby's), you should be able to load it up as before once you create the "new tank" in the app. Kinda frustrating, but good to know for future updates I guess. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you need to reconfigure the light, as in basically setting it up again as if new. If you had your settings saved (or a pre-set setting like Saxby's), you should be able to load it up as before once you create the "new tank" in the app. Kinda frustrating, but good to know for future updates I guess. Hope this helps!
Hey thank you so much. Just did that. Re added my saxby modded schedule with lunar and the lights all turned on. Thank you so much they should have told us this!!!

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thank you so much. Just did that. Re added my saxby modded schedule with lunar and the lights all turned on. Thank you so much they should have told us this!!!
Agreed a heads up would have been nice. The gentleman I spoke with at AI was helpful when I called. I imagine I wasn’t the first caller today.....

Shannon_Hill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone. Tonight I got the ai app update. It said restore settings and better wave maker functions. Ok so it downloaded to my 3 ai prime and one Nero 5. 1 prime is in my frag tank and it just went black. Even though it shows the saxby is supposed to go longer. The other two same saxby on my main display are still lit. If I click connect and do a show. The light comes on. What happened. Anyone else know?? This light in my frag tank is supposed to be lit until after 8 pm

Not sure if you ever figured this out, as to what happened, essentially your lunar settings were configured wrong (overlapping with your daytime lighting). When lunar is on and its around the time of a new moon, the moonlight setting turns all lights off. If this overlaps with your daytime lighting schedule, it will turn them off as well. Many of us ran into this with the 26HD’s when they came out.

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned lunar off and added the moonlight led to start after the dank goes dark. So it’s the same moonlight everyday

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back