New AI Prime 16 HD in BioCube 32

JJ Ligs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello just got my new AI Prime 16 HD and found some decent presets but it seems many of them are not set for an HD. What would anyone suggest for a mixed reef tank? It is a 32 BioCube that had previously been running to stock LED’s. Do not want to bleach anyone so right now I was running a “Pirates of the Caribbean” at 30% acclimation mode however everyone was very unhappy with the complete lack of white light so I am trying a tweaked version of “Karen Nano” I think it is in the acclimation mode now. Hoping someone will have a setting they like or a suggestion For my tank size.

Murice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the david Saxby is pretty good, ive also ran the BRS ab+ schedule and the eddie putra is what im on now

OP
OP
JJ Ligs

JJ Ligs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the david Saxby is pretty good, ive also ran the BRS ab+ schedule and the eddie putra is what im on now
Thanks A million, If I ever get the hang of it I will probably try and figure out my own. But with the new lights I do not want to shock everyone too much by trying to play with it right now And find my own. I would rather use a proven one to acclimate first.

Wee Mad Arthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried lots of ones made by other people but most are too blue for my liking. You could just take one you like the look of an increase the white yourself.

I have a 24G soft coral only tank but I’m finding that keeping it simple works just fine. I used to run pirates of the Caribbean and liked it when it was at peak brightness so I just copied those sliders and upped the white.

7420AFA8-343B-4B2B-933B-7ABBC56D2EA3.png

OP
OP
JJ Ligs

JJ Ligs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you all say it is easier to do this on the computer the in the app? I haven’t used my computer yet to try and adjust

Wee Mad Arthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think you can use a computer for the 16HD can you? The previous model used the cloud but this one is all done locally via the app and Bluetooth. I find it much easier on my iPad as the screen is bigger.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out BRS's breakdown from a month or so ago.

E_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app is so easy, you can just slide the settings for the colors you want to change and see it happening right in front of you real time- I love the AI prime app.

OP
OP
JJ Ligs

JJ Ligs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this? Is the light spread hitting all the spots in your tank? What corals are you growing? Pics ?
Well about this spread is more than fine... gets all my tank well... I modified to my own settings... did bleach one frogspawn (but I suspect foul play he was a jerk and I think the hammers had enough... I did get my first GHA just a small tuft which I find funny... But I think the coral are too happy lol I have completely outgrown this 32 and two others :oops: and when I say out grown I mean you can not see through the tank! I will try and send some pics tonight if I remember

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back