New and lost

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. You will probably get better answer here over google.

You got some really great feedback. One thing I would suggest is start a spreadsheet. List all the items you need. Tank, Stand, RODI System (If not, then water from LFS, but please no distilled or tap water), Rock, Substrate, Powerheads, Heater, Sump (not absolutely necessary, but personally I highly recommend a sump), return pump, Skimmer (again not necessary but highly recommended), light. Once you write all these down, you can shop for brands and get a decent idea how much it's going to cost you initially. This may be the perfect time to add/edit/delete items.

Whichever route you go, the basic principle of tank keeping is always same. Do your research. Not every fish is going to work for you, not every coral is going to workout either. Be patient. Go slow. Very slow. Whatever you do, enjoy the experience. Good luck with the addiction.

MSOEME2009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I'd suggest seeing what is out there 2nd hand. It's amazing what a little elbow grease (+ vinegar and bleach) can get you. I don't think I have a new piece of equipment on my tank, except for the plumbing. It's an expensive hobby but there are deals to be found if you look. First start with looking at the LFS or pictures of what you want your tank to hold, then build from there. Youtube is an amazing resource, I've learned so much from multiple groups.

Back