New and need help identifying.

WhiteAsRice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I haven't a clue what these are or where they came from, my tank has had water in it and pump running for almost 3 months now, and the only live stock is around 40 snails. Any help is greatly appreciated!
20190916_200424.jpg
20190910_154503.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tube sponges, harmless filter feeders, however the tiny fuzzy little things around them may be hydroids.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing better then seeing the word harmless in your response! Thanks a ton
I would however keep an eye on the hydroids. they tend to die out as the tank matures.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the hytoids as well. Can see the little illuminated parts that look like balls. You may hear some people freak out about them, but they go away on their own. Don’t nuke your tank trying to rid of them. Everything looks good so far there.

OP
OP
WhiteAsRice

WhiteAsRice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the hytoids as well. Can see the little illuminated parts that look like balls. You may hear some people freak out about them, but they go away on their own. Don’t nuke your tank trying to rid of them. Everything looks good so far there.
Thanks Scott, I noticed them first time about 2 weeks ago, and although theres about twice the amount I first noticed, they arent spreading anywhere but the rock surface they are on. I'd rather not resort to WMD's lol

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Will have to disagree, I never seen digitates to go away on their own. Eliminating small particles food may slow them down but they will never go away on their own.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back