New and need help? Meet the Reef Squad and other useful groups to know.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think any pump will outlast an iwaki, still have one as a spare. Had a good experience with a current eflux DC pump. Nice an quiet, controllable and it was nice to not have a rush of water when turned on. I believe the power is a bit underrated but definitely some pros and cons between the two.

Stevel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think any pump will outlast an iwaki, still have one as a spare. Had a good experience with a current eflux DC pump. Nice an quiet, controllable and it was nice to not have a rush of water when turned on. I believe the power is a bit underrated but definitely some pros and cons between the two.
Thanks I will look into that one

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup tags are working again but this is more for #MODS or #admin
?
You all are BEYOND wonderful. I both sew, embroider and heaven knows, many things. Your info has helped. I picked up my 15 gal column (used), came with fw from sh so will re-home them to a nearby school in August if not somewhere sooner. Their tank was a mess. Its an algae cube..former owner very ill. Anyhow..I am mildly disabled even though I am a active person. I was never supposed to walk ...I now bench press 30 lbs & ! Pics below...that 15 does NOT have the fish in them...won't ever again.
I will put my aquascape 'mockup' on a new build page tomorrow. I did this all by myselF.

GORGEOUS TANK!!! GREAT presentation of both items! Thank you very much!
Looks great..the 92 will share the room with my machine.
I bought home a 40 bow for the living room..but it's across from the t.v.
I asked the guy I got the 40 from about placing it next to the t.v. He wasn't down with it being next to the t.v. but I made my decision based on my needs actually. I had/have a bowfront style table so. Anywho. TfL

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's face it, this hobby can be challenging. We may be new to the hobby, we could be trying a method that is new to us, or maybe we are facing a problem that is new to us, but we can all use help and advice from time to time. If you find yourself in this situation, Reef2Reef might be able to help.

One way to get help is to call on the Reef Squad. The Reef Squad is a group of dedicated volunteers who help make Reef2Reef the special place we love. They are a diverse group that range from new reefers to people who have been in the hobby for 20+ years. They may be experts in coral, fish disease, controllers, inverts, plumbing, DIY, or just friendly people who help make R2R better. What they all have in common is that they enjoy helping people.

So how can you take advantage of this group of volunteers? You can call out to them by typing #Reefsquad along with your question or concern.

Are you interested in learning more about who is in the Reef Squad? You can find out about many of them here!

So we've touched on what the Reef Squad is but let's talk about what they are not. Most importantly, they are not the only source of useful information. We have a large number of very experienced members who can also offer fantastic advice. It could be a mistake to not listen to the advice from another member just because they are not on the Reef Squad.

The Reef Squad are also not forum moderators. We have a separate team that handles those responsibilities. . If you see a post that doesn't fit the family friendly nature of Reef2Reef please use the Report function under the post and bring it to the moderators attention. Or, if you see where someone went above and beyond in helping someone you can report that too. It doesn't need to be negative!

You can learn more about the Moderators here!

Maybe you would prefer trying to find someone in your area who can help you?
You can find more information about the local forum sections here.

Of course, Reef2Reef wouldn't be what it is without all of our members.
If you want to share more about yourself or see who else is using Reef2Reef we have a thread for that here!
Bumping this up because it's really helpful info!

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's face it, this hobby can be challenging. We may be new to the hobby, we could be trying a method that is new to us, or maybe we are facing a problem that is new to us, but we can all use help and advice from time to time. If you find yourself in this situation, Reef2Reef might be able to help.

One way to get help is to call on the Reef Squad. The Reef Squad is a group of dedicated volunteers who help make Reef2Reef the special place we love. They are a diverse group that range from new reefers to people who have been in the hobby for 20+ years. They may be experts in coral, fish disease, controllers, inverts, plumbing, DIY, or just friendly people who help make R2R better. What they all have in common is that they enjoy helping people.

So how can you take advantage of this group of volunteers? You can call out to them by typing #Reefsquad along with your question or concern.

Are you interested in learning more about who is in the Reef Squad? You can find out about many of them here!

So we've touched on what the Reef Squad is but let's talk about what they are not. Most importantly, they are not the only source of useful information. We have a large number of very experienced members who can also offer fantastic advice. It could be a mistake to not listen to the advice from another member just because they are not on the Reef Squad.

The Reef Squad are also not forum moderators. We have a separate team that handles those responsibilities. . If you see a post that doesn't fit the family friendly nature of Reef2Reef please use the Report function under the post and bring it to the moderators attention. Or, if you see where someone went above and beyond in helping someone you can report that too. It doesn't need to be negative!

You can learn more about the Moderators here!

Maybe you would prefer trying to find someone in your area who can help you?
You can find more information about the local forum sections here.

Of course, Reef2Reef wouldn't be what it is without all of our members.
If you want to share more about yourself or see who else is using Reef2Reef we have a thread for that here!

HEY! Im Joaquin a new reefer! i started the hobby in January! I have a 20 gallon and a 5 gallon. hopefully i can get tons of help on this site!!
happy reefing!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HEY! Im Joaquin a new reefer! i started the hobby in January! I have a 20 gallon and a 5 gallon. hopefully i can get tons of help on this site!!
happy reefing!

@Keen4 - Welcome to R2R! I encourage you to start a thread in the Meet & Greet forum to introduce yourself. We're really glad you're here - congratulations on the two new tanks!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
happy reefing!

drawing-dolphins-hand-painted-dolphin-cartoon-image-and-fish-images (1).jpg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
happy reefing!

Welcome to Reef 2 Reef!!

:)

Tme12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm brand new to this forum and reef keeping in general. I've been keeping freshwater fish for the past 20+ years, but finally decided to try my hand at saltwater (and at reefing no less!). I bought a brand new fluval evo 13.5 a couple months ago and have been picking up pieces here and there to upgrade it (I believe the only thing stock is the pump which will be swapped out sometime in the not too distant future). I recently set it up and received my order from WWC for a pack of zoa frags and clownfish from cultivatedreef today! Hope to post more soon and hope to learn all I can.

20200520_010510.jpg

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm brand new to this forum and reef keeping in general. I've been keeping freshwater fish for the past 20+ years, but finally decided to try my hand at saltwater (and at reefing no less!). I bought a brand new fluval evo 13.5 a couple months ago and have been picking up pieces here and there to upgrade it (I believe the only thing stock is the pump which will be swapped out sometime in the not too distant future). I recently set it up and received my order from WWC for a pack of zoa frags and clownfish from cultivatedreef today! Hope to post more soon and hope to learn all I can.

20200520_010510.jpg

Hello and welcome to the R2R channel. Tank looks good and hopes to see more pictures soon.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good Afternoon, I am new to R2R and I find myself in a real pickle with my tank, it is a 625 litre tank with a Nyos 220 skimmer, however my skimmer is causing me real issues by creating lots of micro bubbles, can you advise at all? On top of this all my fish are poorly right now too and I want the tank to be performing the best it can be in the current situation. Sorry if this is not the right way to post.

#WelcometoR2R!!! Sometime you may will get more answers by posting in a specific area. For the micro bubbles, you may want to raise your skimmer (or lower the water level in the sump).

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back