New and need help? Meet the Reef Squad and other useful groups to know.

firsttimeowner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#WelcometoR2R!!! Sometime you may will get more answers by posting in a specific area. For the micro bubbles, you may want to raise your skimmer (or lower the water level in the sump).
Hey, Thank you for the the reply I have done both of these things to no avail which is a worrying factor.

Esco2007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's face it, this hobby can be challenging. We may be new to the hobby, we could be trying a method that is new to us, or maybe we are facing a problem that is new to us, but we can all use help and advice from time to time. If you find yourself in this situation, Reef2Reef might be able to help.

One way to get help is to call on the Reef Squad. The Reef Squad is a group of dedicated volunteers who help make Reef2Reef the special place we love. They are a diverse group that range from new reefers to people who have been in the hobby for 20+ years. They may be experts in coral, fish disease, controllers, inverts, plumbing, DIY, or just friendly people who help make R2R better. What they all have in common is that they enjoy helping people.

So how can you take advantage of this group of volunteers? You can call out to them by typing #Reefsquad along with your question or concern.

Are you interested in learning more about who is in the Reef Squad? You can find out about many of them here!

So we've touched on what the Reef Squad is but let's talk about what they are not. Most importantly, they are not the only source of useful information. We have a large number of very experienced members who can also offer fantastic advice. It could be a mistake to not listen to the advice from another member just because they are not on the Reef Squad.

The Reef Squad are also not forum moderators. We have a separate team that handles those responsibilities. . If you see a post that doesn't fit the family friendly nature of Reef2Reef please use the Report function under the post and bring it to the moderators attention. Or, if you see where someone went above and beyond in helping someone you can report that too. It doesn't need to be negative!

You can learn more about the Moderators here!

Maybe you would prefer trying to find someone in your area who can help you?
You can find more information about the local forum sections here.

Of course, Reef2Reef wouldn't be what it is without all of our members.
If you want to share more about yourself or see who else is using Reef2Reef we have a thread for that here!
Reef squad?? What?!?! That's pretty awesome...

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some ...non-emergency help with what I thought was a diatom bloom... my tanks been going for 5 months... if it was diatoms, it should be gone now.

I started a thread in “Reef Aquarium Discussions“ simply called “Diatom Bloom” All of the right information is on that thread now. Or.. in more detail on my build thread. I am beginning to worry it’s not Diatom... could you guys take a look please?

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure where to post this... Imma try here : )

This is a thank you! You guys have.... I don’t even know how to say it... Have helped! : ) The knowledge base... the sheer patience you guys have with “newbies”.

Seriously, thank you all!

smaisy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's face it, this hobby can be challenging. We may be new to the hobby, we could be trying a method that is new to us, or maybe we are facing a problem that is new to us, but we can all use help and advice from time to time. If you find yourself in this situation, Reef2Reef might be able to help.

One way to get help is to call on the Reef Squad. The Reef Squad is a group of dedicated volunteers who help make Reef2Reef the special place we love. They are a diverse group that range from new reefers to people who have been in the hobby for 20+ years. They may be experts in coral, fish disease, controllers, inverts, plumbing, DIY, or just friendly people who help make R2R better. What they all have in common is that they enjoy helping people.

So how can you take advantage of this group of volunteers? You can call out to them by typing #Reefsquad along with your question or concern.

Are you interested in learning more about who is in the Reef Squad? You can find out about many of them here!

So we've touched on what the Reef Squad is but let's talk about what they are not. Most importantly, they are not the only source of useful information. We have a large number of very experienced members who can also offer fantastic advice. It could be a mistake to not listen to the advice from another member just because they are not on the Reef Squad.

The Reef Squad are also not forum moderators. We have a separate team that handles those responsibilities. . If you see a post that doesn't fit the family friendly nature of Reef2Reef please use the Report function under the post and bring it to the moderators attention. Or, if you see where someone went above and beyond in helping someone you can report that too. It doesn't need to be negative!

You can learn more about the Moderators here!

Maybe you would prefer trying to find someone in your area who can help you?
You can find more information about the local forum sections here.

Of course, Reef2Reef wouldn't be what it is without all of our members.
If you want to share more about yourself or see who else is using Reef2Reef we have a thread for that here!
Thank you! I'm new here and to this hobby. Thanks for letting me know how to get help!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back