NEW APEX AND EB8 European Release Date

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but is there an European release date for the new APEX controller and EB8?

Thanks!

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess Neptune Systems is not too interested in the European clients... I have put up this post some time ago and they did not even bother to reply. It does not bode well for customer support. Probably best to go with GHL in Europe.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I suggest to go to the Apex forums and ask there, you may get a quicker answer from Apex. Click support>then forums.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Neptune Systems forum right...?
This is a forum within Reef 2 Reef, Neptune has there own community forum. My suggestion is go straight to the source and get a definitive answer. Here is what I did find
Apex eu.PNG

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, October is one week from ending so I guess it will slip. In any event, not sure I see the point of a sponsor forum if the sponsor is not around to answer these types of queries.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new Apex kit in its 220v formis already on its way to the EU and some of our distributors around the world. Here is a graphic of one of the internal panels of the box. I know the first question you will ask is price, but for that you will just have to wait and see it in the shops :)

INTL_APEX_BOX_overlay_fullsz_xfnl_ol.jpg

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new Apex kit in its 220v formis already on its way to the EU and some of our distributors around the world. Here is a graphic of one of the internal panels of the box. I know the first question you will ask is price, but for that you will just have to wait and see it in the shops :)

INTL_APEX_BOX_overlay_fullsz_xfnl_ol.jpg

From what i can see in the pamflett you provided the europeans get a old model 6 socket energybar while the americans get 8 socket one that also matches their unit (see picutre)? If thats the case i feel abit scammed. Why dont we get the same productline as the US? I've already preordered this thinking i'd get the newer product. Two sockets less on a older model makes a huge difference in what i wanna prioritise in controlling.

Why is this?

next_generation_apex_aquarium_controller.jpg

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scammed? How were you scammed?

As with many products on the market they are not always identical in all regions. There are many reasons for this but the major issue here is simply that the international outlets are physically about twice the size as the American outlets. Also the outlets in every region are different.

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scammed? How were you scammed?

As with many products on the market they are not always identical in all regions. There are many reasons for this but the major issue here is simply that the international outlets are physically about twice the size as the American outlets. Also the outlets in every region are different.

Scammed might be a harsh word. I fully understand that the products must vary between regions. But shouldnt the new apex system get a simular powerbar in europe with 8 outlets?

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. We will never do one with 8 outlets because of the size constraints I just mentioned.

Thats fully understandable, (dang you european standard!). Anyhow. 2 less outlets is a bummer for european customers! The product most likely is awsome anyhow! 2 more sockets would be quite nice in any case. Thanks for your reply!

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I did read in this months issue of Ultra Marine Magazine that the European version of the EB8 would be released in Q4 2017. I take it from your comment that it will be a 6 outlet version, but still come with the one link ports, USB and the others that the US version has right? Basically instead of connecting up to 13 devices we will be able to connect up to 11. Am I correct?

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I did read in this months issue of Ultra Marine Magazine that the European version of the EB8 would be released in Q4 2017. I take it from your comment that it will be a 6 outlet version, but still come with the one link ports, USB and the others that the US version has right? Basically instead of connecting up to 13 devices we will be able to connect up to 11. Am I correct?

We have not released any details on any new Energy Bar version for outside the USA. And your reference to the article in UltraMarine is a bit off , here is what the article said: "...though Neptune has confirmed one will be introduced in the UK but not before the 4th quarter of 2017 at the earliest."

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it off? It states you confirmed "one" will be introduced right? Given you said no European version would have 8 outlets I assumed that this means that the version to be released in Q4 would only have 6. Where am I off?

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says "at the earliest". I also never said what would be on the Energy Bar in terms of outlets or 1Link connections. The only thing I do know for certain is it will not be 8.

Back