New AquaMaxx HOB-1.5 need help

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, guys. I bought a new hob 1.5 on Friday from marine depot for my IM 25 lagoon. The skimmer is pretty nice. When I first install it, it starts making bubble right away. The original return tube. It's not long enough. So I changed it to a longer white PVC pipe. However, the return hole in the skimmer body is sucking air. It seems like the water level in there is a tiny bit low. I can't find any way to increase the water level there. Or is the sucking power from the return line is too strong Do you guys know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

BubbleFett42079

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just installed my Aquamaxx 1.5 last night. Watching this video from Marine Depot really help me put together the Aquamaxx 1.5 ans get the skimmer working.

Good luck.

twall73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is still a question, but I watched the Marine Depot video (again) and noticed a small detail that seemed to make a difference for my Aquamaxx skimmer.

I bought my HOB 1.5 used, so I set it up the way it came to me. So when I set it up in my tank, I noticed that the water level in the skimmer kept rising and falling, about a half-inch or so. Which would not allow the foam to build up consistently. At first I thought the water level was not quite high enough, so I added a little water. That didn't fix it.

After letting it run almost 24 hours, the water level kept rising and falling. After watching the Marine Depot video I noticed the issue. My outlet cam to me with the 90 degree elbow attached to the skimmer body and the T fitting at the bottom. However, the Marine Depot video shows the middle of the T fitting vertically attached to the skimmer body and the 90 degree elbow at the bottom of the T fitting. Bam! Problem fixed!

I did notice that the outlet setup is different if you have a bubble diffuser (which may be why the skimmer came to me set up the way it was). But that small detail seems to have my skimmer keeping a consistent level. So I expect to see the skimmate build up soon and begin collecting.

Hope this helps someone!

Travis

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back