New Aquamaxx Prism II LED Light Fixture

Troyer15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any details or experience with these lights? Setting up a shallow reef tank and thinking one of these may do the trick. The price is very appealing.

1642784245753.png

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a quick look on them before settling on a light for my frag setup. Wattage is very low thus the price point. Similar to the current IC pros which I had on an SR80. They looked nice on the tank but that's about it. Very little growth and not much color pop. Now running maxspect jumps on it with better results.

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a quick look on them before settling on a light for my frag setup. Wattage is very low thus the price point. Similar to the current IC pros which I had on an SR80. They looked nice on the tank but that's about it. Very little growth and not much color pop. Now running maxspect jumps on it with better results.
To your point of being low power, say you buy two of the 48-60” lights at 120w each and $220. Go on brs and look at lights in the $400 range and look at the wattage. I think this light has great capability as an introductory light, I’ve not actually seen it but your getting a name brand light from a known company for (price to wattage) black box prices.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention, they are only 5” wide so even if you got 3 for $660 putting out 360w the reefbreeders photon is $700 and 240w
I was looking at the small ones. My frag tank is a 25 lagoon and the small ones are 30w and 60w. I ended up going with the reef breeders 16 at 130w that brs has on clearance right now. The currents are about 5 inches wide and only 96w total for 2 bars.I had them on my IM sr80 which is only about 19" wide and always had shadowing in the front of the tank. I though they would work because the tank is only 16" deep.

Back