New Aquarist Who’s SO Excited To Be Here!

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

My name is Sable. I just started 3 tanks (yes all at once lol) this August. I now have 2 bettas and one plants only! When researching the hobby, I was pushed away from saltwater (as most new hobbyists seem to be) and I went freshwater. Feels like a mistake! But I know that I’ll be setting up a reef tank within the next 2 months and I’m so excited to see it thriving within the next year! I’m also super interested in building a temperate or cold water reef tank, since I am from Portland, Oregon and I’d love to build an Oregon themed tank.

I will be posting a build thread once I get moved into my new house next month :)

P.S. I know this site is supposed to be super family friendly, so please let me know if I should change my username! I can change it to “reeferthatlovesreefer” or “reeferthatlovesrfr” or something along those lines if my current handle is pushing lines! My current handle is how you will find me on Instagram and the likes, though.

Alright, y’all! Can’t wait to get to know everyone :)
hahahaha
I got kicked out of a fantasy sports league for the moniker "reefer with a mushroom habit" They just didn't understand the underwater game I guess? :rolleyes:

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.jpg

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help. Smokem if you gottem...
Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...

giphy.gif

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back