Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a 3 year old tank with live rock that I received from someone else. With all of the good coralline algae on the rock I was weary of keeping the rock out of the water for too long (even still I can see some dye off about to happen). I feel it could be better and am looking for any input or advice. I am willing to put the rock together with epoxy/superglue but I do not want to drill or break rock since it is good live rock.

IMG-0782.jpg

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar Foods
OP
M

MrPiGuy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't see a lot of places for fish to hide, maybe fill in some of the large opening under the arch. What does the top down look like?
Yeah that is a good point. The top piece is not glued in so I can always change it. I'm not sure how I would do it though. I agree now that I'm looking at it with that in mind. The rocks in the middle are just sitting next to each other. I just can't figure out how to make it more "hidden" with the rock I have. I also could change the way the arch looks but the rocks are pretty big so I'd have to figure that out.

OP
M

MrPiGuy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a big cave. I prefer smaller caves and more rocks.
I do have another big rock in the sump. Would it be worthwhile to make the arch a little smaller and then throw the rock in the sump in behind it to hopefully create sort of a cave?

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have another big rock in the sump. Would it be worthwhile to make the arch a little smaller and then throw the rock in the sump in behind it to hopefully create sort of a cave?
That's what i would do. Make multiple caves so the fish can swim through. I messed this up from my first aquascape. Now they have 5-6caves to go through and hide.

AS
OP
M

MrPiGuy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't see a lot of places for fish to hide, maybe fill in some of the large opening under the arch. What does the top down look like?
This is kind of what I have come up with. I like it better but still not sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 20
  • 69048084675__F0B749FC-6AE1-4CE7-84B5-5D493B8869FD.MOV
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

What are some of the challenges of reefing with a cube?

• Swimming space for fish

Votes: 62 47.7%
  • Smaller front viewing panel

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • Adding space between corals

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Flow pattern

Votes: 75 57.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 6.9%