New Aquascape - Requesting Opinions

MrPiGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a 3 year old tank with live rock that I received from someone else. With all of the good coralline algae on the rock I was weary of keeping the rock out of the water for too long (even still I can see some dye off about to happen). I feel it could be better and am looking for any input or advice. I am willing to put the rock together with epoxy/superglue but I do not want to drill or break rock since it is good live rock.

IMG-0782.jpg

OP
OP
MrPiGuy

MrPiGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't see a lot of places for fish to hide, maybe fill in some of the large opening under the arch. What does the top down look like?
Yeah that is a good point. The top piece is not glued in so I can always change it. I'm not sure how I would do it though. I agree now that I'm looking at it with that in mind. The rocks in the middle are just sitting next to each other. I just can't figure out how to make it more "hidden" with the rock I have. I also could change the way the arch looks but the rocks are pretty big so I'd have to figure that out.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have another big rock in the sump. Would it be worthwhile to make the arch a little smaller and then throw the rock in the sump in behind it to hopefully create sort of a cave?
That's what i would do. Make multiple caves so the fish can swim through. I messed this up from my first aquascape. Now they have 5-6caves to go through and hide.

Screwby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have multiple caves/arches in my tank which I made stacking smaller rocks together. It doesn't take much. Lol

OP
OP
MrPiGuy

MrPiGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't see a lot of places for fish to hide, maybe fill in some of the large opening under the arch. What does the top down look like?
This is kind of what I have come up with. I like it better but still not sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 34
  • 69048084675__F0B749FC-6AE1-4CE7-84B5-5D493B8869FD.MOV
    1.7 MB

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back