New Avast Marine Calcium Reactor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 DKH seem ok to me it might go up a little more once it starts to soften up if it's only been running for 5 hours. If its keeping up with demand I would leave it.

Wolfman238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was able to get mine up and running last time I was home. Still have a little fine tuning to do when I get back home . Using way less two part now
21741.jpeg

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was able to get mine up and running last time I was home. Still have a little fine tuning to do when I get back home . Using way less two part now
21741.jpeg

Tell me more about the media combo you are using.

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reactor stays full. It does not operate as per the video. Any thoughts on this?

Okinawa_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reactor stays full. It does not operate as per the video. Any thoughts on this?
Is the drip emitter clogged? I haven’t come across this yet, but I still don’t have media in mine yet as my tank is still cycling. I do know that when I was testing it out, if I didn’t have the supplied drip emitter on the output line, it wouldn’t fill properly.

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to fill with the drip emitter on. Clean or not.

starts low and fills.

I've had countless problems with this thing from day one. Leaking pump housing. Cracks in the reactor. They sent me a reactor body. Leaving me with having to assemble from the old parts of the reactor. Pretty crappy experience.

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what they sent after MONTHS. I didn't buy a "build your own reactor." I bought a reactor.

I've been needing a a few other equipment pieces for my display. Just can't pull the trigger with them every time I go to add to cart.
20201002_185034.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to fill with the drip emitter on. Clean or not.

starts low and fills.

I've had countless problems with this thing from day one. Leaking pump housing. Cracks in the reactor. They sent me a reactor body. Leaving me with having to assemble from the old parts of the reactor. Pretty crappy experience.
Hmm... I absolutely loved mine but it just wasn't big enough even with the add on unit. Theoretically, it shouldn't be able to fill unless air was leaking out from a location it shouldn't have been.

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... I absolutely loved mine but it just wasn't big enough even with the add on unit. Theoretically, it shouldn't be able to fill unless air was leaking out from a location it shouldn't have been.
My thoughts too. But it's filled completely so it should leak water if theres some sort of leak.

Any ideas?

I'm going to drain it and start again.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thoughts too. But it's filled completely so it should leak water if theres some sort of leak.

Any ideas?

I'm going to drain it and start again.
I wish I did!
I guess, in theory, the air could be aerating the water and flowing out but with a continuous CO2 source that should at least slow the process. It also assumes the water would be very air free when it enters the unit.

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I drained it and have it running. Water level seems to be about 1/4 full. I'll know more overnight. Was messy. Got to see how much actually melted. It was impressive. Had to flush it out with RO into a bucket for a minute.

I really want their Kalk stirrer.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what they sent after MONTHS. I didn't buy a "build your own reactor." I bought a reactor.

I've been needing a a few other equipment pieces for my display. Just can't pull the trigger with them every time I go to add to cart.
20201002_185034.jpg

I'm sorry you were not happy with the replacement parts, I wish you would have simply reached out to us letting us know instead of becoming increasingly frustrated. I will look back and try and find your original support email and reach out to you to see what we can do to take care of this and get it up and running correctly.

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta say that in my experience, Avast has only been amazing when it's come to customer service. They've made it really easy to solve problems or get replacement parts even 3-4 years after buying something. I constantly find myself going back to them for equipment.

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta say that in my experience, Avast has only been amazing when it's come to customer service. They've made it really easy to solve problems or get replacement parts even 3-4 years after buying something. I constantly find myself going back to them for equipment.
I have to agree, I purchased many items from Avast and if there were any issues we were working together on the solution. They are on my preferred vendor list and I always look at their products first.

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry you were not happy with the replacement parts, I wish you would have simply reached out to us letting us know instead of becoming increasingly frustrated. I will look back and try and find your original support email and reach out to you to see what we can do to take care of this and get it up and running correctly.
avast reached out to me. I purchased it because I've heard nothing but good things. Maybe they missed my email when I had a long period of not hearing from them and had to send another email. I'm sure they will make it right. I'm the type who feels like I'm bothering folks when dealing with problems. It's just been a long few months. Thanks @AVAST Marine hopefully we can figure it out.

I may post my setup to see if you all can help with the reactor filling up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back