New Avast Marine Calcium Reactor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

porterreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in this. I have a 180 but it's not as full as @Brew12 tank but since its my first ca reactor so I am shy because it is a big investment and not want to get another in a year or so.....Also this just a different design and I am interested for sure how it would compare.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in this. I have a 180 but it's not as full as @Brew12 tank but since its my first ca reactor so I am shy because it is a big investment and not want to get another in a year or so.....Also this just a different design and I am interested for sure how it would compare.
I honestly regret all the monti caps in my system. Without those the Avast would easily handle the load.
I may have to do a system restart in the next few months. When that happens I will go Acro dominant and back to my Avast reactor. I've had several offers to buy it, but I'm keeping it so I can use it in the future.

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FINALLY got around to hooking mine up I'm leaking at the pump. Any ideas? Can't really see a problem. Anyone else have any pointers? Sort of scary. It sits outside my sump. Also difficult because I have to unhook everything to even look for the leak. Really messy.

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you mean leaking at the pump but my guess is, you smashed the vinyl tubing when cutting. If you don’t have a good tool to cut, use the pre-cut end to connect to the reactor, and use the end you cut to connect to the pump.

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vinyl 1/4 hose doesn't hook up to the pump.

Ok it's leaking where the pump screws together. I've cleaned and flipped the O-ring. Still leaking water.

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is where it leaks.
Screenshot_20200427-201248_QuickPic.jpg

Okinawa_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell, but it doesn't quite look like the volute is on completely. I know that I had a pretty hard time getting mine to line up. That said, I've not yet put water through mine yet as I purchased the reactor in preparation for my current build. It might be worth checking to ensure that all three of the tabs on that ring are not damaged.

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've turned as much as a can and as tight as I can. It only goes so far. All three tabs are there. I've seated about 7 times now. Still leaks. Guess I'll wait and see what Avast says. I'm close to being out of 2 part... Bad timing. Lol.

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to reseat that piece that screws on to the pump, and you might want to add silicone grease to the o-ring.

Is that normal? For the pump? Will it just leak later needing silicone grease again?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Agree on greasing the seal and assure fitting is on straight. Looks like a real nice unit

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back