New Bi-color angel... can't get it to eat

Gavind3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a bi-color angel around 3 inches for my saltwater tank. I have had him for about a week and he barely eats any of the frozen mysis shrimp that I feed the whole tank. He does eat the seaweed that I attached to clips. Any ideas on how to get him to eat protein? Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG-7478.PNG

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Access to rods or lrs fish food? Rods makes 2 different types of fish eggs that my tank goes nuts for.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a bi-color angel around 3 inches for my saltwater tank. I have had him for about a week and he barely eats any of the frozen mysis shrimp that I feed the whole tank. He does eat the seaweed that I attached to clips. Any ideas on how to get him to eat protein? Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG-7478.PNG
Nice tank. Looks similar to my wall of Xenia lol, and mushrooms, softies... good that it is hitting at the seaweed clip for time being at least. My Eibli Angel when introduced last year took probably two weeks to regularly eat. Bicolor is likely picking at the rockwork quite a bit when lights down... I finally got the Eibli munching in Krill before I transitioned it to my homemade frozen mix gradually over a few more weeks.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not mix both frozen and live foods at feeding time? The fish will probably quickly acclimate to frozen foods that way.

I'd also think about cultivating white/grindal worms. While all fish seem to enjoy them, all centropyge (and genicanthus and pomacanthus, for that matter) in my tanks go crazy for them.

OP
OP
G

Gavind3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. Looks similar to my wall of Xenia lol, and mushrooms, softies... good that it is hitting at the seaweed clip for time being at least. My Eibli Angel when introduced last year took probably two weeks to regularly eat. Bicolor is likely picking at the rockwork quite a bit when lights down... I finally got the Eibli munching in Krill before I transitioned it to my homemade frozen mix gradually over a few more weeks.
It definitely does pick at the rock. Basically spends the whole day doing that. I am hoping the combination of the grazing on rock plus seaweed is enough for now.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.4%
Back