New blue cheek Goby

Davos2911

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I just bought a new blue cheek goby and after aclimitizing him he pottered about the tank until my bi colour angel saw him and chased him. He is now sitting under a rock where he burrowed out the sand. He hasnt come out since. I have a fluval flex 123l marine with a bi colour angel 6 line wrasse midas blenny and 2 clown fish. All fish other than the bi colour seemed to be happy with him. Do yiu think over time he will venture out? Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks in advance

David

16065612769972607650947329777419.jpg

Rhoads238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a bicolor angel so I can't comment to their temperament. What I can say is its a good idea to get an acclimation box and put your new additions in there for the first few days so that everyone gets some time to get used to looking at each other. I would also recommend adding any new fish at night and then leaving the lights off the next day. This will help with aggression.

OP
OP
D

Davos2911

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that. I think trying to catch him now to put in a box might be challenging but I will try the lights options and see if that helps

OP
OP
D

Davos2911

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update today he has been out a few times and sprayed some sand about. He still lives in his wee cave that he has burrowed out. He has managed to feed on some of the frozen food that has passed his entrance so hopefully he will grow in confidence in the coming days.

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond gobies are very shy and peaceful and prone to bullying. I have had 4 , all unlucky up to now, because of my black and white damsels who bullied them all to death. I gave away the damsels and my new diamond goby is out all day long, sifting hapilly

OP
OP
D

Davos2911

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on my Goby. He has been out most of today and sifting away. I changed the position of some of the rocks and that seems to have helped cut the aggression from the bi colour. He was sifting away happily today

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back