New Blue tang with small sore on mouth

mosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received this Tang yesterday and he has a small white sore on his mouth - And also a tiny white spot on his dorsal fin

I was planning to start 30 days of copper today but wondering if I should do something different because of the sore?

When I got him yesterday I immediately noticed the sore and he was very stressed & pale from shipping. Today he looks a lot better.

He's in a 20 gallon quarantine tank, and eating voraciously. Hard to get good photos and video because he's stressed and mostly hides when I come in the room

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I received this Tang yesterday and he has a small white sore on his mouth - And also a tiny white spot on his dorsal fin

I was planning to start 30 days of copper today but wondering if I should do something different because of the sore?

When I got him yesterday I immediately noticed the sore and he was very stressed & pale from shipping. Today he looks a lot better.

He's in a 20 gallon quarantine tank, and eating voraciously. Hard to get good photos and video because he's stressed and mostly hides when I come in the room
My suspicion is damage from netting which should/will heal on its own. Speaking of copper, would not be bad to treat this QT tank with copper at 2.25 for at least 21 days and monitor level with a hanna copper test kit

OP
OP
mosreef

mosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My suspicion is damage from netting which should/will heal on its own. Speaking of copper, would not be bad to treat this QT tank with copper at 2.25 for at least 21 days and monitor level with a hanna copper test kit
Thank you! I will start copper power today and monitor with Hannah checker

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Thank you! I will start copper power today and monitor with Hannah checker
Video shows him going after food and particles which is a very good sign

OP
OP
mosreef

mosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's eating lots of different things - newly hatched bbs, tdo pellets soaked in Selcon, spirulina brine shrimp, Emerald entree, I'm really happy with how he's eating.

Also that article is great, thank you for posting it. For sure I will implement a lot of it, thanks

Back