dabroli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided it was time I upgraded my 125 petsmart build, to something a bit more professional. After weeks of research on all major brands (Waterbox, redsea, Prostar, SCA etc) I finally settled on the innovative marine 200, I really loved the Eurobracing, aluminum stand, sump, and lets be honest lol the price! Ive read as many build threads as I could find but the content for this aquarium is lacking, even YouTube only had one channel with the EXT model. Hoping I can get some advice with good equipment to purchase, skimmer/wavemakers/lighting or even better anyone with first had exp in owning this set up? build quality looks great and the dimensions seem good on paper but I am very nervous the 21.7 in height will be too shallow, and end up as a disappointment. I plan on making a build thread as soon as this bad boy ships, thanks in advance to all those who reply!

IMG_0485.png

OP
OP
dabroli

dabroli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this tank waiting to be setup myself although mine is in house already .. its heavyyyy
if you start a build thread ill be sure to follow! fellow CNYer here from the 315 myself haha

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well as you can see on my wall( and my profile photo) i had the 60" inch aquatic life hybrid fixture with 3 radions when i had my red sea . The plan is to use that and just put a 50 inch reef breeders in there because im just doing softies and lps this time around . Its hard to light a 6 footer without spending 2g nowadays lol

OP
OP
dabroli

dabroli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as you can see on my wall( and my profile photo) i had the 60" inch aquatic life hybrid fixture with 3 radions when i had my red sea . The plan is to use that and just put a 50 inch reef breeders in there because im just doing softies and lps this time around . Its hard to light a 6 footer without spending 2g nowadays lol
probably should have noticed your pfp before asking :grinning-squinting-face: but actually that was also my current plan! I have the photon 50 v2+ over my 125 and the 61 inch aquatic life fixture was the only way I could figure how to incorporate it. kinda just reaffirmed that I need to buy while its on sale haha, thanks again for the help

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
probably should have noticed your pfp before asking :grinning-squinting-face: but actually that was also my current plan! I have the photon 50 v2+ over my 125 and the 61 inch aquatic life fixture was the only way I could figure how to incorporate it. kinda just reaffirmed that I need to buy while its on sale haha, thanks again for the help
No problem , i actually have the dx18 non dimmable and guess what? Its literally the only one that you cant widen to put the reefbreeders in , so i messed up . So have to sell mine and get the g3 one ..o well . Hope it works out better for ya

OP
OP
dabroli

dabroli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I can hand out a small update, my lighting issue has been solved! 3 radion xr30 pros, with the rms for mounting, and diffusers. Still patiently waiting on any update from IM about shipping dates.

Attachments

• EBC2A2CB-E2DF-47D1-97BB-C56FB3A3D82D.jpeg
    EBC2A2CB-E2DF-47D1-97BB-C56FB3A3D82D.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
dabroli

dabroli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more equipment came in

2 MP40s
IM auto top off reservoir
Simplicity skimmer

I cheaper out on the skimmer a bit but I’ve read some solid reviews, about 50% cheaper than most DC skimmers so hopefully it pays off.

Attachments

• B33C2CE6-FEAC-4828-966C-0F59E1669142.jpeg
    B33C2CE6-FEAC-4828-966C-0F59E1669142.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 66

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back