New Build Waterbox 6025...finally have my peninsula

Matt Cole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the last two years have been crazy as my family has been in North Dallas while I've been working in San Antonio and Austin, living in apartments and commuting up on weekends. My wife has been the daily keeper of my Reefer 250 and mad props to her, never suffered a casualty. I couldn't stand not having a tank to come home to so I set up a Reefer 170 to come home to, and have my slice of reef with me. The grand plan was to get my son graduated and build a house on some land I bought outside San Antonio and I already had house plans and drawings for a 400g peninsula complete with fish room. Unfortunately life and in this case Covid squashed that temporarily and although I have my family all back under one roof, I'm in a rental house in Austin. I decided I would not be deterred on my aquarium plans however and ordered my "growing out tank" to consolidate my to tanks and have my, albeit scaled back, peninsula reef. I ordered a Waterbed 6025 at the end of May and to my surprise was delivered within two weeks.
IMG_5798.JPG
IMG_5823.JPG

My plan was to consolidate all my fish, most coral and some of my rock and build the rest of the rock work with Caribsea reef rock. I will give all credit to @reefdudes for his light setup on his tank, I completely copied his build. Here is the equipment list:

Tank and stand : Waterbox 6025. 60x25x24
Sump: Waterbox for now... thought about having Geosreef make me one later
Skimmer : Deltec 1500i
Return : Vectra L2
Flow: 2 Ecotech mp40 and one Maxspect Gyre
Heaters: BRS Titanium
Lights: 3 Radion XR15 G5 Pro...with setup to add a fourth as needed
Apex controller with ATO, Dos and dosing tanks moved from my 250
Two Tunze Eco lights for Cheato
Extra Hydra 26 I mounted over refugium area for use as frag system

The rock work was put together with Marcorocks cement and that stuff was awesome. Really happy with the way those turned out. I let the tank cycle using Fritz Turbo 9000 to give me a boost and have had the tanked stocked now for a week. Hope you enjoy the pics and if anyone is in the Hill Country of Texas and would like a complete setup on a Reefer 250 I will be posting it on marketplace. IMG_5819.JPG GLefqFsNSNKLO57YED1rLg.jpg HNdBBue8QqSJi1Hj31oaZA.jpg nEJGnW%MSHWHe%66eri++g.jpg fv3O0uVFQoysEg1uCV0n9Q.jpg

OP
OP
Matt Cole

Matt Cole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Artfully Acrylic EXO lid ordered, its been six weeks but I'm told it will be six more so I used painters tape to seal mesh around the rim since both the wrasse and hogfish have been known jumpers.

The current fish stocking :
Melanurus Wrasse
Candy Hogfish
Purple Tang
Blue eyed Kole Tang
3 Black Photon Clowns
4 Banggai Cardinals
Flame Angel
Orchid Dottyback

18gvd7fARHSI%Glj5SbCvA.jpg a%sUDp+6SIqfZS1tV%iPgA.jpg SNEYW69mS1OXBF%ap9tDJg.jpg 8V36wmhvSYS9F09N+RgK3g.jpg I4mVD6oCTsWT1U4O53Alqw.jpg PnFmAR0lSQWFvVWAN2Rj5w.jpg

OP
OP
Matt Cole

Matt Cole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the 6 month mark and a few updated photos, everything is doing well except I cannot seem to keep weight on yellow headed sleeper gobies. I've had two now that just seem to get skinnier all the time while everything else is nice and fat. He eats and is sifting all the time but just seems to be wasting away. Also came home to my pumps running on backup the other night. It seems the Apex energy bar died. Have tried to get ahold of Neptune but no avail, so I ordered another from BRS. I bought that system to help keep crashes from happening not to cause them. We are in. the process of finalizing the plans to build our new house on 25 acres west of San Antonio. This is our dream home and I am incorporating a dedicated 10x13 fish room to house the filtration for a planned 400g peninsula in the adjoining room. I guess I should open up another thread but I have some questions for anyone that is using rainwater capture for house supply. We will have no municipal water and are building a 20k+ gallon catchment system. I'm hoping I can ditch the RO unit and just go with particulate / carbon and DI resins. Anyone have any experience?

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1878.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1878.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 158
  • O9ySDMl0TCaU%+9QNfMRZQ.jpg
    O9ySDMl0TCaU%+9QNfMRZQ.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 134
  • %1eTZzwCRoWiaoHjGUih4g.jpg
    %1eTZzwCRoWiaoHjGUih4g.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 113
  • fullsizeoutput_187f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_187f.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 130
  • fullsizeoutput_187c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_187c.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 131

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back