New Cade 1200 S2 Build

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Long time lurker. First time poster.
I used to have a 48 gallon SPS dominant tank >10 years ago. I shut it down due to an outbreak of AEFW that just burned me out of the hobby. I got the itch again last year and started setting up a Cade 1200 S2. I received delivery in August 2022 but didn't add water until January 2023. I'm taking my time this time and learning from past mistakes.

Looking forward to getting back into the hobby and meeting everyone! Feel free to give feedback and suggestions.

Equipment:
Cade 1200 S2
Deltec Eflow 10
Vortech MP40qWD
Deltec Fleece Roller VF5000
Giesemann Stellar Hybrid T5 Fixture
2x Kessil AP9x
Eheim 250W heater (originally Helio but the heating failed and IM is making me jump through all these hoops to prove that it's broken...see below)
Coralvue Hydros Controller
Deltec Skimmer (not installed yet, nutrient load too low)

Stock:
2x Ocellaris Clownfish
Several SPS frags

Looking to add:
Royal Gramma or McCosker's Flasher wrasse
Bicolor Blenny
Yellow Tang, captive bred

IMG_7746.jpeg

With regard to the Helio Heater:
Worked for about 1 month, then was getting an E5 error that would not correct. I think the sensor on the heating element has gone bad because the error comes up even after I leave the element off for a day. IM support has been making me take videos of the position and the error, they keep trying to have me reposition it, add flow, etc etc. So much for their 5 year warranty...

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really awesome

OP
OP
L

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added the McCosker's wrasse and he's doing awesome. Now to look for a yellow tang....

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank isn't it? You've done well with yours- I have sat up one myself and I love the sublime craftmanship from the Cade tanks! Congratulations! I look forward to see what you make of it!

Oh, and the McCosker's wrasse? Stunning wee thing he is!

OP
OP
L

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank isn't it? You've done well with yours- I have sat up one myself and I love the sublime craftmanship from the Cade tanks! Congratulations! I look forward to see what you make of it!

Oh, and the McCosker's wrasse? Stunning wee thing he is!
Thanks! It's a really well thought out design. My only gripe is that the plumbing is metric and I live in the USA. Sourcing metric plumbing is impossible and finding adapters was really tough.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It's a really well thought out design. My only gripe is that the plumbing is metric and I live in the USA. Sourcing metric plumbing is impossible and finding adapters was really tough.
Tell me about it! I am trying to locate new unions that actually fit as I am gonna change the entire sump to accommodate a large refugium! :) I dont need the cabinet space anyway; i will have all my gear on the wall either over- or next to it.

I am terrified of the unions in the electrical cabinet as well as the chiller outlet. No power in there for me, so might as well use it in a different way!

OP
OP
L

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in wire shelves to keep the electronics off the bottom of the cabinet...in case something leaks...

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in wire shelves to keep the electronics off the bottom of the cabinet...in case something leaks...
Very, very good idea and you will thank me fore it! I had a leak from one of the stock unions in the electrical side of the cabinet after running for about a year and decided that enough is enough! :)

No electricals will be in there anymore, everything will be mounted outside of tank on a board either over, to the side- or in the room behind it!

OP
OP
L

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all you SPS lovers out there. Picked this guy up a couple of months ago from a LFS. Colors got a little lighter but it is the brightest thing in my tank under blues (orange filter)

IMG_9058.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all you SPS lovers out there. Picked this guy up a couple of months ago from a LFS. Colors got a little lighter but it is the brightest thing in my tank under blues (orange filter)

IMG_9058.jpeg
Coral looks great!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back