New chick to the Group and hobby

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my name is Michelle and I would like to introduce myself.
I’m new to the hobby and to the forum. I’ve been in the saltwater hobby for about 6 months. Started out with a 3rd hand Red Sea 130D max. Was having issues with it , so my beautiful daughter decided to get me a Biocube 32 LED for Mother’s Day. Transfer everything except for a couple rocks and all of the sandbed.
now I have a nice clean tank that I’m trying to establish with some nice corals.
I have my clowns, Yellow watchman, pistol shrimp,snails, crabs, and my lil file fish.
I know this hobby can be expensive (any donations appreciated lol) but it can also be very rewarding. I think I’m going to keep it with all soft corals, LPS.
I have PTSD, severe anxiety, major depression, my tank seems to bring a lil joy and peace to my life.
I can’t wait to learn from you all.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome go to the meet and greet forum and create a post for a new member as well as go to the build thread and show us what you got. Cant wait to see everything.....welcome to r2r.... you can find these forums in the forum tab

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the hobby and to the forum. I’ve been in the saltwater hobby for about 6 months. Started out with a 3rd hand Red Sea 130D max. Was having issues with it , so my beautiful daughter decided to get me a Biocube 32 LED for Mother’s Day. Transfer everything except for a couple rocks and all of the sandbed.
now I have a nice clean tank that I’m trying to establish with some nice corals.
I have my clowns, Yellow watchman, pistol shrimp,snails, crabs, and my lil file fish.
I know this hobby can be expensive (any donations appreciated lol) but it can also be very rewarding. I think I’m going to keep it with all soft corals, LPS.
I have PTSD, severe anxiety, major depression, my tank seems to bring a lil joy and peace to my life.
I know that peaceful feeling. Welcome and best wishes for your tank!

2000se

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
Please take this hobby very slowly. Good things do not happen overnight. There will be bumps but with this group and patients and perseverance you will be successful!

Welcome again!

Jwise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef keeping hobby its a very satisfying hobby but also a challenging hobby. Just wait until you get that cube reef dialed in and have an amazing reef before you know it you will be looking for a 180 to upgrade to or have a couple different tanks lol. ( That happened to me and now i am in the middle of upgrading to a 6 ft long 125 and may even set up a couple more in the future lol )

CharityZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same plus agoraphobia.
My husband started his 2nd tank about 9 months ago after being out of the hobby about 15 years.

I spend at least 60 minutes a day watching direct feeding, cleaning, or sometimes rebuilding Goby’s entrance (beastly turbo snails!). Some days I’ll be at the tank 2-3 hours.

I’m very invested in the livestock while my husband, Peter, is the science guy.

I have been finding myself more content these days. The tank has been a life changer. I leave the house on 1-2 Saturday’s a month now, (to go to reef store, of course!) and that makes my husband so happy that now he lets me pick corrals for “his” tank.

BTW, I just joined community too! Welcome!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back