ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody! All I can say is WOW! Super great initial response on the ClearView Lids. My apologies, but we were out of the shop all day yesterday at a convention in MD. We have a number of Reef Crest and Signature tanks to finalize for shipping today as well. We have received a massive PM and email load on the ClearView Lids so now that we are back in the shop we will be responding to all emails and PMs throughout the day. Thanks for your patience and SUPER big thanks for all of your support!!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you do one with hinges?

Yes, we can accommodate hinges. PM with pic/details/dims and we can work you a custom quote.

I saw this lid a few days ago in person and it looks great!

Thanks!! Still hard to capture in pictures. Glad you were able to see in person.

what thickness acrylic are you using for the frame? may be interested in a custom top.

We use 3/8" thick polycarbonate for the Premium lids and 1/4" thick polycarbonate for the Standard lids.

Do you guys make this for the nuvo fusion 20

We can make our ClearView lids for ANY tank. As these have just been made available however we don't have design files for every popular model of tank so all are currently be handled as custom lids. We will amass a library through this initiative which will increase production time and make the process even easier for those with standard popular tanks. If we need specs on your tank we will advise through PM/email with your quote.

This is a great idea. For those that may not realize it, the metal framed (aluminum) screens will leave hard water marks on rimless aquariums if they're inset (with the frame against the inner glass). I've not been able to remove the staining. This is a much better solution!

Good to know on the staining! Makes these all that much better....could I even go as far as to say....it makes these the "Clear" solution? ;)

nice! I made my own acrylic framed net top, but nothing this nice!

Our ClearView Lids are made with polycarbonate plastic. In appearance, it looks the same as acrylic and in fact is considered a prime competitor to acrylic. However, there are several property differences that have a big impact on performance. Polycarbonate has a higher moisture content than acrylic. This contributes to the polycarbonate being more flexible. This lends to it's overall extreme impact resistance. This moisture content also makes the polycarbonate much more resistant to bowing at the corners as acrylic would of over time.

However, for a DIY lid...acrylic will be much more friendly. Polycarbonate is NOT a router or saw friendly material. It is extremely "grabby" and can take you for a ride if you aren't very careful.

Very nice! I might have missed it but can you make them to extend a little further to the edge of the glass?

Hey Rev! Thanks! The floating tabs on both standard and premium lids are 1/8" thick and extend 1/4" out from the main body of the frame. These tabs are extremely strong and support the lids quite well since they are a physical part of the single piece machined lid. In our case, we wanted them to hide as little of our polished Reef Crest edges as possible. Since these are now a custom offering OF COURSE we can extend the tabs as far as you like.

Do you make them for a 144 gal Oceaninc half circle?

We are not confined by the limitations of aluminum and 90 degree corners here. Our ClearView Custom Lids can be cut to virtually any shape whatsoever!

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look great! Would love to get a few of these made up for my tank. Will have to follow this and get a quote from you in a few weeks.

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent a PM for a "larger" style lid 68x20, been waiting on another manufacturer for a couple months and since I won't put another fish in until I get a cover I'm starting to get impatient. Need a top ASAP

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To all - I've called in all hands tonight. We are working on a pricing matrix for the ClearView Lids to streamline the quoting operation. It helps to have a big batch of quote requests to build this matrix. It will also allow other team members to assist in the quoting responses so that we can get back to everybody quicker. Looks like there will be a lot of ClearView Lids going out soon enough! You will all love them.

i sent pm last week can i get a reply pleASE!!! :D

Hmm, not sure where that was missed...We will find you and get a reply off to ya asap.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To all - I've called in all hands tonight. We are working on a pricing matrix for the ClearView Lids to streamline the quoting operation. It helps to have a big batch of quote requests to build this matrix. It will also allow other team members to assist in the quoting responses so that we can get back to everybody quicker. Looks like there will be a lot of ClearView Lids going out soon enough! You will all love them.

Hmm, not sure where that was missed...We will find you and get a reply off to ya asap.
can't wait to hear from you guys, I'm actually quite excited lol.

NanoReefer16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ArtFully Acrylic will begin offering our revolutionary ClearView Frame mesh lids to the masses!!

The pictures below are of our new lids on one of our Reef Crest 35 gallon AIO's
(customized to fit Maxspect Razor on long side). When we designed a lid for the Reef Crest, it was important to us to not hide the rimless edges that we spend so much time bringing to a clear high lustre. Now we want to offer you the same ability for your special tank.

Shoot us a PM if interested in having a CUSTOM ClearView lid made for your personal aquarium.

The new Premium ClearView Frames now being used on our Reef Crest Series tanks are made entirely from 3/8" thick polycarbonate plastic.

We also offer Standard ClearView Frames which have been on our Signature Series AIOs since their inception. These Frames are made entirely from 1/4" polycarbonate plastic. We use a Heavy Duty marine compatible 1/4" square weave Clear Mesh on both standard and premium lids.

No more foggy/dirty glass lids.
No more gaudy plastic clips.
No more gaudy aluminum window screen frame.
No more shadows or lost light.

Are they Durable? -

Acrylic is 4-8 times more impact resistant than glass.
Polycarbonate is 200 times more impact resistant than glass.
To even attempt to compare the strength of these frames to standard aluminum frames...would be simply unfair.

Can you make one for the jbj 28g nanocube? The front is curved which may make things difficult....I sent a pm or started a conversation on your page.

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I have too many requirements on my custom lid that you pass on making mine lol

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Messaged you Sunday, 8:25 am. Did you receive it? Haven't received a reply. Thanks

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back