ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

IDNTFU

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just order mine yesterday, hope I don't have to wait the 6 weeks..

SpikeWire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some of the lead times people are experiencing? I k ow mine says 6 weeks but has anyone received it earlier or later. Mine is not custom as they have a template for my tank. I assume that makes a difference but I'm trying to find out people's experiences. Im thinking of placing an order but a month and a half is a long time [emoji3]. Thanks in advance.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wait is worth every second. Since they are custom lids, I would assume they build them when they receive the order. The fact that your tank is a standard size only saves them the setup time. I would think that there are just too many different sized tanks out there for them to prebuild and stock numerous lids. Add to that the fact that it is a small company building lids for hobbyists all over the country, I think they do pretty well with a 6 week turnaround.

SpikeWire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wait is worth every second. Since they are custom lids, I would assume they build them when they receive the order. The fact that your tank is a standard size only saves them the setup time. I would think that there are just too many different sized tanks out there for them to prebuild and stock numerous lids. Add to that the fact that it is a small company building lids for hobbyists all over the country, I think they do pretty well with a 6 week turnaround.

Very true Fin. I'm just curious as to people's experiences so far. Definitely not inferring any negativity. I'm too spoiled by Amazon Prime :)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true Fin. I'm just curious as to people's experiences so far. Definitely not inferring any negativity. I'm too spoiled by Amazon Prime :)
Mine took about six weeks. There was a mistake made on a complicated design and they didn't pick up on one of the measurements. I called them and they sent me a new lid in a week. They are good folks to work with.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you tell me the status of my lid? It's been about 5 weeks. Order # AAIC 6006 and my last name is Lee. Thanks.

Last edited:

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, how thick is the lid? IS there any warping of the acrylic after long term use?

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lids customarily sit 1/4" into the aquarium. The lid overall is 3/8" thick and the tabs are the top 1/8".

If your overflow is at least 1/8" under tank top we can also adjust tab thickness to compensate if you like.

Nevermind, just saw part of my question answered!

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered my lid!

Anyone with synergy shadow overflow? Your lid goes on top of it or around the overflow?

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine with the two standard feed doors. What is the locking door for? Does someone have a picture that compares the two?

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just order mine yesterday, hope I don't have to wait the 6 weeks..

What are some of the lead times people are experiencing? I k ow mine says 6 weeks but has anyone received it earlier or later. Mine is not custom as they have a template for my tank. I assume that makes a difference but I'm trying to find out people's experiences. Im thinking of placing an order but a month and a half is a long time [emoji3]. Thanks in advance.

Lead times are currently 4-6 weeks in most cases. Some orders get out a little faster. There are a number of elements that affect lead time. Some lids are 'stock' for tanks that we have in our library and require no customized cutouts for lights/cords/etc. These will generally get out in about 3 weeks if we have all confirmations from customer that there are no other cutouts needed (we verify this with EVERYONE). The range of time for others can largely depend on how long it takes for us to finalize confirmations on cutouts. This indeed takes longer with some than others. Once this is all verified, lids are programmed. Once programmed they have to be scheduled for cutting. This involves playing a giant and expensive game of Tetris trying to organize lids in the most efficient manner possible on each sheet of material. Some lids are easier to place than others so this does have an impact on lead time to a degree also.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine took about six weeks. There was a mistake made on a complicated design and they didn't pick up on one of the measurements. I called them and they sent me a new lid in a week. They are good folks to work with.

Thanks for the input Fin! We appreciate it. There are indeed too many different tanks out there to prebuild and stock so many lids. Then when you add to that the various level of customizations people need for lights, cords, auto feeders, feed doors, plants, etc...the different possibilities become almost endless. This is why all lids are made custom to order.

You are also right on the nose with our size. We are a small proud USA based company. Only a handful of staff members to handle the processing, programming, cutting, screening, and shipping of these lids. In fact, we don't even just ship them all over the country...ClearView Lids are being shipped all over the world at this point!! The growth is astounding and we are very proud to be able to provide such a unique and high quality product to our customers.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my lids today fits great and looks good.

Great! Thanks for sharing. We'd all LOVE to see some pics if you get a chance =).

Can you tell me the status of my lid? It's been about 5 weeks. Order # AAIC 6006 and my last name is Lee. Thanks.

Lee, your lid shipped out yesterday so you should get it soon =).

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, how thick is the lid? IS there any warping of the acrylic after long term use?

Lids are made with 3/8" thick polycarbonate (aka Lexan). This material looks very similar to acrylic but is WAY different. For starters, polycarbonate sheets cost about double an equivalent sheet of acrylic. But, they are perfect for this application for a number of reasons.

Polycarbonate will NOT warp or bow. An acrylic lid will warp and bow within a matter of weeks on most tanks.

Polycarbonate is the same material used to make bullet resistant glass. It's VERY durable and impact resistant. This is important to us to ensure the longevity of your lid, particularly when it comes to small/thin areas such as the integrated tabs that sit so graciously on your glass edge supporting your ClearView lid while not interfering with the aesthetic of your tank.

I just ordered my lid!

Anyone with synergy shadow overflow? Your lid goes on top of it or around the overflow?

This depends on how you have installed your overflow. If your overflow sits 1/4" or more below the top of the glass then we will customarily go over it. If your overflow is less than 1/4" below the top of the glass then we will have to go around it.

I ordered mine with the two standard feed doors. What is the locking door for? Does someone have a picture that compares the two?

You can check this link to visually see the two parts involved in the locking door. This should help understand how it works. The locking ring was created in response to a consumer problem. Some reef keeper's have exceptionally smart fish, eels, or other critters that are hell bent on escape. The standard 3x5 feed door is small/light enough that some larger creatures are able to knock it off the lid. If they do this, then they have the potential to thereby jump out of the now empty 3x5 opening. The locking ring snap fits into the bottom of the feed door and adds two add'l tabs to the bottom side of the lid. This makes it all but impossible for inhabitants to knock it off the tank.

It does require you to lift up on the main lid a bit to remove the door. With the locking ring attached, the door must now be slid off the lid as opposed to the easier pivot and remove method which works great on the standard feed doors. This has also helped some hobbyists in keeping their feed doors from being removed by yet another smart creature....their children lol ;).

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to give a shout out to these amazing lids, I ordered mine on 4-6 and it was delivered today and couldn't be more impressed with the build quality. Ok enough of me yapping let's see some pics .
d5eb6f1a1730a8c9c11676df60ba771d.jpg
08c8bf056590f76d16da46834bff50b9.jpg
f16d7d6a4a0775705b6febd5ad833cfc.jpg

Bbourgeois

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody! All I can say is WOW! Super great initial response on the ClearView Lids. My apologies, but we were out of the shop all day yesterday at a convention in MD. We have a number of Reef Crest and Signature tanks to finalize for shipping today as well. We have received a massive PM and email load on the ClearView Lids so now that we are back in the shop we will be responding to all emails and PMs throughout the day. Thanks for your patience and SUPER big thanks for all of your support!!
Do you make a lid for a Red Sea 170 Reefer and how do i order one?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back