ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of being a business owner is getting feedback. The good business men are the ones who listen and don't get sensitive and defensive about it. Your initial reply "You build it!" Though many people think that, the poster is intitled to an opinion and feedback without being torched. He is a potential customer after all.

Incredible corals reply shows they are a good vendor and worth working with.

You are very correct here Denver. We appreciate your insight. At the end of the day, our ClearView line is priced fairly for what it costs. Not everyone understands the back end time, overhead, and other costs associated with running a business and bringing a product like this to market...hell, I didn't know either before I started ArtFully Acrylic 6 years ago. It can be quite shocking at times. My infamous catch phrase around the shop has become "I've never had so much money going INTO the bank monthly...and I've never had so much money going OUT". There are no BMW's, Mercedes, or Maserati's in our parking lot, that's for sure ;).

We are a USA owned and run business. We are humble and indebted to our customers. Not everyone can afford a premium lid like this, but there are other products and DIY options that existed on market before this and still provide a solid means of protecting tank inhabitants.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow I try to order a Lid but I had to cancel. Shipping was 75 dollar. Really? 48x30 lid cost 75 dollar to ship to california?

Sorry retin78, indeed it does. Unfortunately, we don't have any control over Fedex costs. We ship a LOT with them so we do periodically ask for more discounts as our volume continues to increase. It costs $64 and change from me double checking it with Fedex directly (The rest is labor and materials for packaging). A 48x30 lid gets a pretty big box though. We are on the east coast just outside DC so CA is generally the most expensive as far as shipping goes in the US.

It could be worse however...we ship internationally more and more frequently. We have a lid going out to Australia today that costs about $400 to ship. Another to Australia earlier this week that was $200 to ship and one going to Germany tomorrow that's $250 to ship. Value is all in the eye of the beholder. We just make awesome lids. We don't get to keep the money you pay for shipping.

Celtic_Fox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see a reply to the question about how to add the premium option (3/8" thick and narrower frame) to your order. (But the thread is quite long and I may have missed it...) Anyone know?

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see a reply to the question about how to add the premium option (3/8" thick and narrower frame) to your order. (But the thread is quite long and I may have missed it...) Anyone know?

LOL, indeed it is a monster of a thread now! A living library to the evolution of what is ClearView Lids;). We dropped the standard option after the first month or two. ALL lids are premium at this point. :D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are very nice lids. I've seen them in person. Super super strong materials. Hand crafted in the US OF A!!!
Part of being a business owner is getting feedback. The good business men are the ones who listen and don't get sensitive and defensive about it. Your initial reply "You build it!" Though many people think that, the poster is intitled to an opinion and feedback without being torched. He is a potential customer after all.

Incredible corals reply shows they are a good vendor and worth working with.

The price is more than fair. These post of price to high could go to a pm. If you order one of these you can actually see the the time and labor involved.

They could lose a good 15-20 percent just by someone cruising through and thinking, I want one. They see the post and think again.

You guys are doing great!! Ship more and you'll get a better shipping rate.

I know you guys don't need me. Just can't stand cheep people. Just to clarify not poor, but CHEEP!

I've learned it takes a long time, but quality finds quality.

Good day R2R

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol just thought about it and realized I was yelling cheap in wrong spelling. Can't say I payed to much attention in school.

Can you guys make me a solid with flaps? 58x24 or maybe 2pcs?

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are very correct here Denver. We appreciate your insight. At the end of the day, our ClearView line is priced fairly for what it costs. Not everyone understands the back end time, overhead, and other costs associated with running a business and bringing a product like this to market...hell, I didn't know either before I started ArtFully Acrylic 6 years ago. It can be quite shocking at times. My infamous catch phrase around the shop has become "I've never had so much money going INTO the bank monthly...and I've never had so much money going OUT". There are no BMW's, Mercedes, or Maserati's in our parking lot, that's for sure ;).

We are a USA owned and run business. We are humble and indebted to our customers. Not everyone can afford a premium lid like this, but there are other products and DIY options that existed on market before this and still provide a solid means of protecting tank inhabitants.

No BMW's?! JK

I will be reaching out soon for a lid. I had a red sea reefer XXL 625 made and I need to get it measured and diagrammed with the light mounts on it. 2 weeks or so till I get it but I will do it on your website. I'm grateful for a product like this! Lost lots of fish in the past. Well 3-4 but 1 is enough.

dirtysock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in ordering this for my redsea reefer 350 but I'm located outside the US.

The lid doesn't comes cheap and so is the shipping fees. Will the lid be well protected during the shipping process? If I received a broken lid upon delivery, is there anything AA can do?

Thanks

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this has been asked but just wondering what is the expected light loss through the screen? Also what would be the wait time for red sea 650 peninsula screen?
Thanks!

Tchaimd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed an order for 3 separate custom lids (plus a feeding lid door on each lid) to cover a custom 450 g (8 foot long tank). Total price was about $780 ($225 each lid x 3, plus $105 shipping). Will let you all know how it goes when the lids arrive (6 weeks from now/October 2017, per website)!

Last edited:

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed an order for 3 separate custom lids (plus a feeding lid door on each lid) to cover a custom 450 g (8 foot long tank). Total price was about $780 ($225 each lid x 3, plus $105 shipping). Will let you all know how it goes when the lids arrive (6 weeks from now/October 2017, per website)!
I've had 3 lids on 3 different tanks and have never been disappointed with any of them.

CardiNole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may take more than 6 weeks. I ordered mine on July 4th, and haven't heard anything yet. This is despite sending an inquiry through their website.

bpapo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered July 19th but haven't heard anything , I figured 5 weeks but what I hear it's worth the wait

Back