ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

joeboots82520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seeing a pattern here. I thought it was just me but I found this thread today like one of the previous posters and just trying to figure out a way to get in contact with @ArtFully Acrylic

I ordered lids in person at MACNA this year. August 26th. Received an email on October 16th saying I was up for production of my lids. Responsed with the dimensions and tank information on October 17th via email. Haven’t heard back since. Three emails. Countless phone calls with no answer and I left messages on the answering machine. And a PM through reef2reef today.

I get custom orders take time but we’re going on close to 3 months. A simple response saying we are slammed with orders would be appreciated.

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seeing a pattern here. I thought it was just me but I found this thread today like one of the previous posters and just trying to figure out a way to get in contact with @ArtFully Acrylic

I ordered lids in person at MACNA this year. August 26th. Received an email on October 16th saying I was up for production of my lids. Responsed with the dimensions and tank information on October 17th via email. Haven’t heard back since. Three emails. Countless phone calls with no answer and I left messages on the answering machine. And a PM through reef2reef today.

I get custom orders take time but we’re going on close to 3 months. A simple response saying we are slammed with orders would be appreciated.

Join the club, easy though you might be accused of whining, spamming, and not posting content related to reef2reef, right @TheHarold ?

I finally got a response to shipping after ranting on here, though. I tried to contact them privately, but they only respond to public comments, in attempt to make it seem they respond. Now I am trying to get them to respond to the inaccurately cut lid.

joeboots82520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And referring back to someones comment about them being a “mom and pop” company and giving them a break on customer service.

I called Two Little Fishies customer service and left a message with a question about their Iron concentrate and got a call back from Julian himself within two hours!!!!! So size of a company doesn’t matter its taking the time to treat each customer like they are important to you.

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And referring back to someones comment about them being a “mom and pop” company and giving them a break on customer service.

I called Two Little Fishies customer service and left a message with a question about their Iron concentrate and got a call back from Julian himself within two hours!!!!! So size of a company doesn’t matter its taking the time to treat each customer like they are important to you.

Exactly,!

Last edited:

gone_phishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a question for anyone that has received a lid for their Innovative Marine 10

does your lid have a gap in between the lid edges and the glass? if i 'center' the lid to the tank, there is about a 3/16" gap in between the lid edge and the tank glass. i was under the impression that the polycarbonate would extend all the way to the edge of the glass, leaving no gap, and the corner tabs that hold the lid up would barely extend past the outside of the glass so that it may be lifted off easily.

so is everyone's lid like this? leaving a gap between the glass and lid? i am about to put a very small fish in this tank (a green banded goby) and if the lid is not centered on the tank, there will be a gap large enough for fish to escape. i really thought once this lid was on, the only opening would be the openings in between the mesh screen.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with experience on this? Thanks!
I made my own screens for my 140 when I was running MH. The screen will break down eventually and need to be replaced. But, you can replace the screen yourself when it does. The screen is available from BRS and all you need is a splining tool. The spline that comes with the lid is reusable.

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made my own screens for my 140 when I was running MH. The screen will break down eventually and need to be replaced. But, you can replace the screen yourself when it does. The screen is available from BRS and all you need is a splining tool. The spline that comes with the lid is reusable.
Good to hear the screen is a quick fix. How did the frame hold up to the lights?

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear the screen is a quick fix. How did the frame hold up to the lights?
The top I was referring to under the MH was a DIY that I made with the metal frame, not the Clearview Lid. The Clearview Lid is going on my new 125. Lighting will be ATI LED / T5 Powermodule.

Last edited:

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping for a quick response! The lid did take about 7 weeks. It looks great! But I came home tonight and the rubber stripping is coming out of the groove and the screen has come out. These things happen so I'm not concerned about it. Just hoping to get a quick response to correct it!

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping for a quick response! The lid did take about 7 weeks. It looks great! But I came home tonight and the rubber stripping is coming out of the groove and the screen has come out. These things happen so I'm not concerned about it. Just hoping to get a quick response to correct it!
If you go to home depot you can get a spline roller and you should be able to put it back in. A few dollars is all it costs.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get an inexpensive spline tool. You will have to change the screen yourself eventually anyway, so you will already have the tool. Just stretch the screen and roll the spline back in the groove with the wheel of the tool. Should be a simple fix.

screen-spline-tool-wood-handle.jpg

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue I have is that I've only had this lid for a week. The rubber insert holding the screen in place had come lose as well. It was the only piece as the rest seemed secure. I'm not sure if that groove was cut a little too big?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It actually fell out completely? Just sitting on the tank?
Did your cat look really po'd and wet? lol Just joking.

As suggested get a spline roller, they are only a couple bucks.
If the groove was cut incorrectly and the spline won't stay in, see if one of the big box stores has thicker spline that would work.

Normally I would say the company has to step up and fix it, but if you can fix it for $6-$7 and not have to ship/deal with a slow responding vendor, I'd say you might be happier in the long run.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do have a couple different sizes of spline material at Lowe's. I would say that it probably just wasn't seated properly to begin with and you probably have the correct size spline already. That screen won't last forever. A combination of lights and salt spray will make it brittle and it will come apart in 2-3 years. So, it is good to know how to deal with replacing the screen and the tool is something you will need in the future anyway.

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done a few screens at the house so shouldn't be bad. Still dissapointing

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back