ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

xionggotstyle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally arrived! Looks really nice. Here are a few pictures:

DT_33.jpg

DT_34.jpg

DT_35.jpg

DT_36.jpg

DT_37.jpg
4 XR30w...Man that's pretty sick! I've only got 3 of em on mine and I'm thinking that might be overkill.

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I gave them the dimensions of the cutout. It works very well.

I've already received my lid. I spoke to a gentleman at the shop and he didn't recommend getting a cutout just for the feeder. He explained how the feeder in a closed position would leave a whole big enough for a fish to jump out. He recommend just mounting it to the glass and having the food fall through the mesh.

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've already received my lid. I spoke to a gentleman at the shop and he didn't recommend getting a cutout just for the feeder. He explained how the feeder in a closed position would leave a whole big enough for a fish to jump out. He recommend just mounting it to the glass and having the food fall through the mesh.

I’m good. No need to mount. Neptune Auto Feeder can sit on the flat area of the lid in the corner.

Smo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need a cutout that large for an AFS? I’d be concerned about a fish jumping thru it. What about a cutout just large enough for the mounting clamp and then fashion a chute out of acrylic for the food to slide thru the mesh?

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need a cutout that large for an AFS? I’d be concerned about a fish jumping thru it. What about a cutout just large enough for the mounting clamp and then fashion a chute out of acrylic for the food to slide thru the mesh?
I've has this lid for 18 months and haven't lost anyone yet.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We hope that everyone has had a special and memorable Thanksgiving with their families. I'm pleased to report, with the exception of a handful of customers that we are waiting on customization details/confirmation from, that ALL orders are currently on or ahead of schedule with the oldest orders being 35-38 days old. We are on track to have the current queue fully cut and shipped down to 30 days this coming week which will be not only outstanding, but a first since we launched ClearView Lids in March of 2016.

It has been several weeks since I have posted here on the boards. Sadly, November has been a tough month for me and my family. Tragedy is tough anytime of the year, but it's even harder around times of the year where families and friends customarily come together for thanks and fellowship.

I've tried to minimize creating any hardships or issues where it applies to business and the service of our customers as I fully believe that our personal lives should not affect business. This can however be difficult when you have a small staff managing a heavy workload. I've helped my staff in continuing our responsibilities intermittently where I could and they've done a great job of picking up the slack and stepping up behind the scenes. Without their extra efforts and tireless hours I wouldn't be reporting us as being ahead of schedule at this time. My eternal gratitude to them both and to their families for allowing them to spend so much extra time working these last several weeks.

I've returned my focus to operations full time as of this past Tuesday, but have admittedly taken a while to garner enough strength to post this public update. To my knowledge, the couple issues posted here with delivered lids in the last few weeks have already been corrected. Please email us at [email protected] if there are any issues that have yet to be resolved. Thanks for your time. God Bless and Happy Holidays to everyone and their families...Family is a treasure not to be taken for granted.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks perfect! What are the dimensions of that cutout for the AFS? Does most of the food make it through? or does some get caught on the lid trim as well?
I went back and looked at my order email. The cutout was 3 1/4 inches wide and 1 3/4 inches deep. The food drops into the tank with none on the lid. As someone pointed out earlier, there is the potential for a fish to jump out through that opening but I haven't had an issue with that, so far.

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose not to have a cutout for the Neptune Auto Feeder. I have it placed on the corner of the tank. Working well so far. Here are a couple of pictures.

19B9DB1B-8120-4B7F-B0CA-11312D63C765.jpg

E91298A3-4B90-46E9-81E3-CE821725C5C6.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back