ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic ,

Received the lid yesterday for the reefer nano. Good packaging and very clean looking. Girlfriend loves it on the tank, which is what matters :p. Any care suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback doodledreads. We've heard praises of 'spousal' or significant other approval many times...especially when compared to the alternative DIY aluminum framed lids :D.

Your ClearView lid is made out of Lexan; a material 200x's more impact resistant than glass. As a result, damage is naturally very rare. It can be scratched however, so when it comes to cleaning your lid you should use a clean cloth and clean water. You shouldn't need any detergents or soap whatsoever.

We recommend microfiber or a similar material as this is not as likely as some other materials to be abrasive or harbor contaminants that can scratch.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOOHOO...ordered mine on 12/19...got email notice last night mine should be cut by the end of the week!

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your posts just seem a bit desperate. Its been four days. Give it a break. This is a forum dedicated to reef-keeping by the way: hence "Reef2Reef" ;)

Are you kidding me! this has every bit to do with reef keeping as the product itself is designed to keep your REEF INHABITANTS more safe. I have zero problems with someone coming on this forum in an effort to get some type of resolve to an existing issue that hasn't been acknowledged by the manufacturer in several days. This is one of the inherent benefits to having a robust forum like this so that we can discuss ALL matters pertaining to reef keeping and in doing so it gives manufacturers a bit more incentive to take care of their customers otherwise they will be exposed to a degree.

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was very close to ordering this lid but after hearing these reviews about the terrible customer service I think I may look elsewhere. Paying a couple hundred bucks and waiting a couple months and the possibility that it comes in unacceptable just doesn't sit right with me on top of the lack of responsive customer service.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was very close to ordering this lid but after hearing these reviews about the terrible customer service I think I may look elsewhere. Paying a couple hundred bucks and waiting a couple months and the possibility that it comes in unacceptable just doesn't sit right with me on top of the lack of responsive customer service.
I can see how you would be concerned about some of the issues posted in this thread, but let me say what I've seen.
First the amount of mistakes made were very small. Probably within normal tolerances for custom work done. Then has there been any of those mistakes not been taken care of?
Also as addressed on Monday ( 2 days ago) the wait is about 4-5 weeks on most orders. Seems like a long time, but they are made as the orders come in, and the orders get in line.
Yeah, they are expensive, but that's what you pay for quality work.
As far as the lack of response on customer service ( replying to emails and posts here on R2R), if I was waiting for a top, I'd rather the guy keeps working on the tops and stays off his computer.

I've had my Artfully Acrylic top for a while now and I love it. Everyone who has seen it on my tank comments on how nice it looks compared to diy tops.

Last thing, is I'm not attacking you or you issues, just saying maybe give them a chance. It's not as bad as it seems.

Kinettik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am one of the ones who had an issue with their lid (honestly not sure if it was their fault or the tank manufacture, i.e manufacturing tolerances). Unfortunately my issue coincided with the holidays which delayed things a bit. But we have spoke, had great dialog, and they have more than remedied the situation and have been great with their communication through the process. The quality of the lid, in my opinion, is amazing. Everything from the cutouts requested, to the custom feed door, everything is top notch.

Yes, the price is high and the wait is long, but the end product is worth it IMO.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you kidding me! this has every bit to do with reef keeping as the product itself is designed to keep your REEF INHABITANTS more safe. I have zero problems with someone coming on this forum in an effort to get some type of resolve to an existing issue that hasn't been acknowledged by the manufacturer in several days. This is one of the inherent benefits to having a robust forum like this so that we can discuss ALL matters pertaining to reef keeping and in doing so it gives manufacturers a bit more incentive to take care of their customers otherwise they will be exposed to a degree.

We have shipped almost 2000 ClearView Lids since we began offering them less than 2 years ago. Just over 30% of those sales are repeat business. That's a pretty substantial repeat rate for a product that is only purchased once for a given aquarium and requires the customer either have multiple tanks or to upgrade their tank to justify another purchase. If we didn't produce a good product, or ensure all of our customers were happy in the long term, we wouldn't have a repeat rate at that level. Like @mfinn alluded, it's not as bad as it seems.

If every happy customer posted online you'd see a very different picture. For every unhappy individual that posts publicly there are dozens of happy customers that never say a word. This is human nature and as long as it's taken into context it shouldn't negatively impact your decision or confidence. If we didn't make sure things are right with our customers I guarantee you'd see continued, ongoing vocalization of it.

You can confidently order with us knowing that we provide the best high quality tank topper out there. You won't wait 2 months for your order if you provide us all the needed information to satisfy your customization needs promptly.

The reply by Harold that you quoted however was made over 2 months ago in the middle of November and only after the other party got a little excessive/extreme with their postings and began firing back at anyone who tried to stand up for us in our absence from the thread.

If you read a bit further beyond that post, you will see that I was out of the shop due to a family loss virtually the entire month of November which left the two other members of our team overextended. We even opted to not hold a holiday sale as a result of the backlog, knowing this would have a negative impact on order volume during the time of year most retailers are trying to capture critical year end revenue. We took this hit because taking care of our customers is important to us and we didn't think it would be fair to those who had already been patiently waiting for their lid(s).

We got caught up on shipments, emails, etc as quickly as possible thereafter and you will note no other negative/problem posts have been made since the middle of November. Come mid December, most orders were shipping at 4-5 weeks from time of order. By Christmas, every order not on hold awaiting customer response for information/special consideration was going out the door in 3-4 weeks. Currently, after the holiday rush, we are averaging 5 weeks on custom orders and those without customization are shipping in 3-4 on average.

Send us an email to [email protected] to see how we can help you keep your fish off the carpet and in your tank protected by a lid that is 200x's stronger than glass and actually compliments your tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had three lids made for my 8ft almost 400g tank and they were perfect and I mean perfect! Fit perfect and were flawless in appearance.

xionggotstyle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with repeat customers. I have 3 of their lids for my reefer nano, reefer 170, and reefer 525xl. There is a wait time. But that's expected when you get quality work. Get it. It's worth the wait. Just make sure you get the measurements right.

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have shipped almost 2000 ClearView Lids since we began offering them less than 2 years ago. Just over 30% of those sales are repeat business. That's a pretty substantial repeat rate for a product that is only purchased once for a given aquarium and requires the customer either have multiple tanks or to upgrade their tank to justify another purchase. If we didn't produce a good product, or ensure all of our customers were happy in the long term, we wouldn't have a repeat rate at that level. Like @mfinn alluded, it's not as bad as it seems.

If every happy customer posted online you'd see a very different picture. For every unhappy individual that posts publicly there are dozens of happy customers that never say a word. This is human nature and as long as it's taken into context it shouldn't negatively impact your decision or confidence. If we didn't make sure things are right with our customers I guarantee you'd see continued, ongoing vocalization of it.

You can confidently order with us knowing that we provide the best high quality tank topper out there. You won't wait 2 months for your order if you provide us all the needed information to satisfy your customization needs promptly.

The reply by Harold that you quoted however was made over 2 months ago in the middle of November and only after the other party got a little excessive/extreme with their postings and began firing back at anyone who tried to stand up for us in our absence from the thread.

If you read a bit further beyond that post, you will see that I was out of the shop due to a family loss virtually the entire month of November which left the two other members of our team overextended. We even opted to not hold a holiday sale as a result of the backlog, knowing this would have a negative impact on order volume during the time of year most retailers are trying to capture critical year end revenue. We took this hit because taking care of our customers is important to us and we didn't think it would be fair to those who had already been patiently waiting for their lid(s).

We got caught up on shipments, emails, etc as quickly as possible thereafter and you will note no other negative/problem posts have been made since the middle of November. Come mid December, most orders were shipping at 4-5 weeks from time of order. By Christmas, every order not on hold awaiting customer response for information/special consideration was going out the door in 3-4 weeks. Currently, after the holiday rush, we are averaging 5 weeks on custom orders and those without customization are shipping in 3-4 on average.

Send us an email to [email protected] to see how we can help you keep your fish off the carpet and in your tank protected by a lid that is 200x's stronger than glass and actually compliments your tank.

I can certainly appreciate a business coming on a forum like this and expressing their interest in taking care of their customers as well as clearing the air about any concerns. Having read your post I will certainly consider your product going forward.

Kinettik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New lid showed up today. Perfect!

Thanks @ArtFully Acrylic

519cc8812b1253f8d9dce8aec22b03a6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of our customers (not sure if he is on R2R or not) shared a video of his lid unboxing and installed on his RSR450. We told him we'd share it for those who would like to see since pictures featuring our lids are far more common to see than videos. Enjoy!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of our customers (not sure if he is on R2R or not) shared a video of his lid unboxing and installed on his RSR450. We told him we'd share it for those who would like to see since pictures featuring our lids are far more common to see than videos. Enjoy!!

Oh dang it I wish mine had those wire cut outs on the sides! Nice thinking on that!!

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still love my lid! I hear a fish slam into it every now and then and am grateful to have it. Heck of a wait to get but in the end anyone on the fence will be pleased. Many fish cost more than this. The home made temp lid I used didn't look good and a fish got stuck in it and died, this is the best sollution out there for rimless

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back