New clownfish died in QT, found a pink spot on it (picture)

maxpare79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
Me again, the guy who lost 80% of his population to a mysterious disease. Anyway, while my DT is empty I figured out I would order new fish to put in QT and have them ready after the 6-8 weeks empty tank period is done

I ordered 2 clowns and a lawnmower blenny. They arrived tuesday, 1 of the clown ate the first day, but was getting lethargic and stopped eating. This morning it was on its side breathing rapidly (water parameters are all fine, no ammonia, no nitrate, alk 8.6 ph 8.3 etc)

Being in Canada I have access to limited medication (only have prazipro, copper power and General cure on-hands that I got on ebay). I did start the prazipro treatment yesterday, I didn't start the copper because I am waiting on my copper test to arrive tomorrow.

Anyway moving on, so I did a bit of reading on the forum and decided to gave him a 5 min FW bath in the meantime to ease him, he did not survive the process sadly.

While inspecting the fish, I saw a pink spot near its gill, like an injury? Any idea, what I am dealing with, should I be worried about the other 2 fish in QT?
20210423_131339.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not good at identifying fish diseases and I'm sure someone way more knowledgeable will give some input soon, but to me anytime there is a place like that it makes me think it's uronema.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back