New Clownfish might have killed the old one

Marine21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I bought two clownfish when my tank was cycled about 8 months ago and one of them died (couldn’t find a body so not sure what happened). Anyway, the remaining one was doing ok it seemed on his own being a juvenile. I bought another clown today which is a bit bigger than my other original one and now I can’t find the old one at all. He isn’t in his usual spot, stuck in/under anything, is it possible the new one could’ve eaten him? Doesn’t look like he’s big enough to do it by looking at him and he’s not jumped out of the tank. Have I basically just bought another of the same species from the same store and tank where I got the original two only for it to kill? I was told by a guy in the store it’s risky as long as they were the same species his quote was “it’s a 50/50 chance”.

Thanks

Samanthalin16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happen to myself as well. When I get clowns I try to intoduce them at the same time now. My oldest pair are veryyyyy territorial

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back