New clownfish not doing good.

Fractalreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the hobby, finished cycling my tank about two weeks ago, and added my first tank mates last saturday. I added about ten snails, ten hermit crabs and one clownfish. I just checked on my tank and seen the fish swimming upside down and in circles then stop and lay on its side. Looks like it's fighting to stay alive don't know what's wrong. Was doing good since saturday. I've been feeding it once everyday and it's been eating. Tested water yesterday with red sea test kit and everything came out alright. Salinity 1.026, temp 79.4, pH 7.6, Kh 4.5 dkh, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH is a little low (should be 7.8-8.3), but I don't think 7.6 would kill anything.

Do you see any white spots/splotches on your clownfish? Can you post a video of the odd swimming behavior?

OP
OP
F

Fractalreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH is a little low (should be 7.8-8.3), but I don't think 7.6 would kill anything.

Do you see any white spots/splotches on your clownfish? Can you post a video of the odd swimming behavior?
He is actually laying upside down now barley breathing didn't see any white spots on him anywere, pretty sure he just passed. :(

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back