New Clowns Help?

jk1151

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning -

I got two new snowflake clownfish Thursday night, acclimated and put in to QT. At this point they still haven’t eaten. I have tried a variety of different foods (pellets to frozen foods) and tried adding garlic as well. They seem to be interested but then just dart away from teh food they are looking at.

On top of this I noticed today that the larger one has white stringy poop. I am assuming some type of internal parasite or worm. Most the things I have read discuss adding it to their food but they don’t seem to be eating so will it be as effective if I dose it in to the water directly? I have Prazi and Metroplex both so I am thinking those are the two I should use? Just looking for any guidance before I do anything. These are our very first fish so I want to do it right and hopefully save them.

The only other issue I can figure is that when we bought them and I tested their salinity it was at 1.014. My QT tank was at 1.025 so there was a huge discrepancy. I have learned how to keep the qt tank different at this point but we spent a few hours trying to acclimate them and lowered the QT tank down a little. Could that be why they won’t eat? Any ideas are Greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

OP
OP
J

jk1151

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they eating yet?
Thank you so much for asking. Yes- I got them eating after some time most likely they just got hungry. I started to fatten them up and get them settled in before any medication. However a day or or two ago I noticed white stringy poop. So I just started with some Metro + Focus in their food. My first fish and my first go around with stressful issues! Thank you for following up!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back