New clowns not wanting to eat much.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some new clowns two days ago. They’re tiny. Maybe 1.5” long. They don’t seem to want to eat much they just wanna cruise around the tank at full speed. I’m feeding the same food the pet store I got them at fed them. They’re frostbite ocellaris. Is this normal? Short video of the clowns attached. They’re super healthy and have been doing great. I’ve tried feeding mysis and pellets like the LFS and also some marine flakes.

Attachments

• IMG_1560.MOV
    23.7 MB

javisaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them a few days to settle in. Attempt feedings every day, but just a little initially until they start eating with gusto. They look pretty healthy in the video.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them a few days to settle in. Attempt feedings every day, but just a little initially until they start eating with gusto. They look pretty healthy in the video.
They seem healthy to me. They’ve been cruising the tank and they seem to be munching stuff off my rocks

maugustine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some new clowns two days ago. They’re tiny. Maybe 1.5” long. They don’t seem to want to eat much they just wanna cruise around the tank at full speed. I’m feeding the same food the pet store I got them at fed them. They’re frostbite ocellaris. Is this normal? Short video of the clowns attached. They’re super healthy and have been doing great. I’ve tried feeding mysis and pellets like the LFS and also some marine flakes.
Have u tried frozen food? Our baby clowns seemed to eat that even when where stressed and new in the tank..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What color is their poop ? Normal or white and stringy ? Is there any hazy or cloudiness to their skin or facial area ?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back