New Club in Northest TN

wrfreeman

Wade
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
I wanted to take a moment and let everyone who has been searching for a club in the Tri-Cities area, to look no more! We are officially known as "Tennessee Elite Aquarium & Marine Society" (TEAMS) and we have what no other club around can offer:

1. Great folks who are truly passionate and dedicated to the hobby and to helping other people
2. Our own personal shop! That's right, a shop. With tanks. Dedicated club tanks. Yes, you're reading this correctly. We have members only tanks set up, at a neutral location where the club meets, for frags, QT, etc..
3. Currently we have over 20 different coral species fragged and growing out as part of the club coral library for members only.
4. Several breeding projects that will be hosting the reward for the dedicated hard working winners of our bi-yearly coral grow-out contests.
(These are high quality, top of the line bonded pairs of clownfish passed on to us from Sustainable Aquatics).
5. Usage of tools, machines and materials for special projects managed by the club.
(Want to build that stand, drill that pane of glass, build LED's? - We can help!)

Boom!

Here's an example of what we're about: Someone tells us about this guy that has a 90 gallon FOWLR tank in his basement office that's been running barren for several years in hopes of getting it running again some day. This guy decides he's ready and would like some help. Sounds like a project to us! We hop in our vehicles and go take a look. This tank needs some love and he's happy for our help. We schedule a day to come back and drain it, load it up and take it to the shop for a good cleaning and inspection of his equipment. He's got some pretty old stuff. We reuse what we can, give him a list of the must haves (new rock and substrate (he's been topping off with tap water for years now and that rock in nasty!), new heater and powerheads that are toast, etc.) and make recommendations of what we would upgrade if it was our tank (new skimmer and return pump, new lights, ATO, RO/DI system). We'll be taking it back and setting it back up soon to let it cycle and then add livestock. All this we're doing for free and for the love of the hobby and helping others out.

We are currently accepting applications for new members. We officially meet once monthly, but end up at the shop several times a month because we can't help ourselves:) If you are truly interested in the hobby, helping others out and are wondering what you have to offer and not what the club has to offer to you, then please feel free to contact me. We would enjoy having you come visit and check us out.

Joshua Hurst

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ID love to join it, but im just 15 and don't have much time to meet,BUt I love the idea of having a club tank!!!! I would so love to be apart of this

OP
OP
wrfreeman

wrfreeman

Wade
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear from you Joshua! We'd be happy to have you join us. You'll be driving before long and then maybe you can come check us out. The more the merrier!

novajohn01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7f3a0ddb1a35cb8ef18193a948f9793b.jpg

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ID love to join it, but im just 15 and don't have much time to meet,BUt I love the idea of having a club tank!!!! I would so love to be apart of this

Joshua, any luck on joining some great swaps over the last couple of years? Seems you are still active in the marine hobby.
Hoping you are well buddy!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back