New Colonies Page! + A Few HOT NEW ACROS added to the site!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've had this one on the back burner for a while now. I finally added a page to the site for medium to small sized wysiwyg sps colonies.

(from the site)

The discouraging thing about buying colonies is that they more often than not will never look as good as they do fresh off the boat a few months to a year down the road. If they make it that long.

My intentions with new page is to provide established and considerably truer to captive color sps than fresh maricultures or wild stuff.

Every one of these has been through intense QT treatment and growing in a separate system for no less than six months. Most of them longer. They are a mix of wild aussie, figi and indo colonies as well as maricultures. The colors you see are a bit more realistic to captive grown sps and chances are good that they will color up better in your system.

The point of all this is that they have been in captivity long enough to shed the magical wild coloration you see in most colony pics for a truer to life representation of what they will actually look like in your tank. As well they have lived long enough in captivity that the threat of not acclimating is much less.

Now these aren't the pick of the litter "ultras" but for the price, if you're looking for something other than frags you can not go wrong. I will be adding new ones as well as soon as they become ready.

Colonies!

And if that doesn't grab you I have also added a few really nice new acros I have been growing out. Some of them for up to a year or more.

pixie stick acro
pixestick.jpg

Raindrops on Roses milli
RdoRs.jpg
RDoRs2.jpg

Moth Acro
themoth2.jpg

Tarzan Acro
Tarzanacro.jpg

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet man!!! I was so bummed when I lost my pixie stick you included in my box. It was looking amazing til it fell down in my wellso and was nuked overnight. Stupid epoxy didnt hold.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That sounds about right. It was last year late august. You were one of the few that got a piece of the original colony. Sad to hear it did not make it. After I lost the colony I pampered my little frag for months. I have been drooling over this one for ever now.

I am not one for mega release parties but this is certainly one worth mentioning:clap2:.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Adam, I think I got the pixie stick in my pack awhile back too. It's very nice!!

Yep I think you and Josh were the only ones who got frags off the wild colony early on. Glad it's looking good!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think your pm box was full when I tried to send it

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef ready grape juice I got from you Is doing awesome!! You can't go wrong ordering from Battlecorals. I'm almost ready for, I believe my 3rd or 4th order this year.:)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How about some colonies of the og pieces?? Like that reef ready grape juice lol... I know you got all the old school bomb sticks.. ;)

That will be the next new page1smile1. Might be a little while yet.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Crazy acros! I might have to get me the pixie stick and raindrops on roses.

The raindrops milli is outstanding. I really struggled with the pic though. I could not get the blue in the tips to come out. They were shot in RAW under 20k's and the blue just ended up the hazy purpleish color. All I did in post was take some of the over all blue out. I am still not really happy with the pic but I really like the milli in person.

WnYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The raindrops milli is outstanding. I really struggled with the pic though. I could not get the blue in the tips to come out. They were shot in RAW under 20k's and the blue just ended up the hazy purpleish color. All I did in post was take some of the over all blue out. I am still not really happy with the pic but I really like the milli in person.

Well regardless of the photo it still looks like a keeper!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back