New coral food in stock - reef bugs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We now carry Reef Bugs. A great marine snow coral food. Have you tried it? Works best when used with tanks with an abundance of coral in small doses.

Marc Weis Reef Bugs - Aquarium Fish, Coral SPS LPS & Invert Food - Marine Snow - Fish & Coral Foods

reef_bugs.jpg
a41fc750.jpg

[FONT=trebuchet ms, Arial, Helvetica]Reef or marine “snow†is an aggregate of LIVING MICROBES clinging to, one or a combination of : organic, inorganic, volcanic, mineral, living or recently dead matter.

Reef Bugsâ„¢ yields particle sizes down to less than a micron and up to macroscopic particles. The individual living organisms are microscopic.

These microbes, primarily bacterial, and fungal (yeasts and related organisms) provide 30% of the planktonic matter raining down on the reef.[/FONT] [FONT=trebuchet ms, Arial, Helvetica]
True reef / marine snow is alive and has the ability to nourish the reef with desirable edible organisms which are necessary for balancing the substrate and the creatures colonizing it. Reef Bugsâ„¢ is a unique product having these characteristics.

Reef Bugsâ„¢ contains twelve strains of edible, non - pathogenic marine microbes. They are not genetically modified. Instead they are selectively bred naturally occurring organisms. They are in an encysted spore state. They are packed dry in a matrix of minerals, vitamins, and carbohydrates that will enable hatching in about thirty minutes of being placed in typical reef aquarium water. [/FONT]

A few reviews:

By NJN on March 3, 2011

I've been now using reef bugs to supplement my tank's corals, live rock and critters for a couple of years. Although when you first dose your tank your first thought may be, "Oh my.....I've over fed them!" the tank quickly clears after a few hours and I have found my corals, fish, invertabrits and live rock snap it up quickly.

I have not experienced nitrate jumps or any other chemical abnormalities when using this product and I found that dosing a a smaller amount versus the recommended on a daily basis works great. I have a 90 gallon tank and one box will last roughly 3-4 months when I dose in smaller amts daily.

By HW on September 4, 2014
I am new to the world of the saltwater reef tank and have been using this successfully for my coral and other livestock. It must be good because my peppermint shrimp comes out from hiding and does a "happy dance" everytime I sprinkle it into the tank. I have followed the advice of others on here and dose a modest amount twice daily and that seems to work best for me. I have a 26 gallon tank and my coral is thriving.

Brem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool!

Is it a bit like Artemia?
Or living Cyclops?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back