New Coral Not Eating After 5 Days

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for any and all advice. I added a Coral Beauty 5 days ago to my 5 & a half month old system. The fishy had been at a trustrd LFS for about 3 weeks & was eating mysis & pellets. I can not get this fish to show even a remote interest in food. She hangs out in the very top left corner of the tank in the same 6 inch square. I've tried multiple frozen foods (mysis, brine, reef frenzy etc)., pellets, live black worms. She went towards a black worm fire a split second but then nothing. I've also soaked foods in garlic. Nothing has worked.
When I first introduced her to my tank my Blue eyed Kole Tang aggressed on her for about an hour but then quickly ignored her. He hasn't aggressed since. The other fish are 3 Dispar anthias, 2 ocellaris clowns, foxface, & the kole tang. All are well & eat reguarly. I'm going to pick up live brine shrimp tomorrow but, is there any advice or outside of the box ideas to spark appetite? It's honestly hard to watch her. I'm up to try anything!
Thanks in advance!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it never leaves the top corner of the tank, it's probably being picked on anytime it does.

OP
OP
JGTPA

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it never leaves the top corner of the tank, it's probably being picked on anytime it does.
That's what I was thinking too but, I watch as much as I can and I haven't seen anything that even resembles aggression. I've even watched the Tang go up too her corner to graze & he completely ignores her. I proactively rearranged the rockwork under her so that there Tang no longer has his "go to" hideout. Your right... It could still be happening when I'm not watching but, I'm not sure what to try next.

stewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a coral beauty the only thing it would mainly eat were Nori sheets. Try giving that a shot.

OP
OP
JGTPA

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nori is one thing I haven't tried! I do put nori in for three tang & Fox face but... I'll put a second one in her corner. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
JGTPA

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a coral beauty the only thing it would mainly eat were Nori sheets. Try giving that a shot.

Nori is one thing I haven't tried! I do put nori in for three tang & Fox face but... I'll put a second one in her corner. Fingers crossed!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't seem like that will work out long term if the tang already doesn't like her.

OP
OP
JGTPA

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tang seems to be fine with her now. It was just that initial introduction. He hasn't paid any attention to her since.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back