Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve spent a whole lotta money this weekend first was a new longnose hawkfish and a orange spotted goby then I bought a og bounce mushroom and a Aussie torch and a brain coral and a Pink Floyd Chalice

image.jpg

image.jpg

AA16F431-BBB3-4F31-B0AE-9B75731F8E7E.jpeg

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted $600. You sure that is a pink floyd chalice? The eyes don't look bright green to me. I like the torch.

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought it from Than at tidal gardens he said it was under his t5s they looked more purple and green but it’s looking more pink under my leds

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So I don’t mean to intrude pry etc (it’s none of my business) but I have thought of ordering some things online which this would be my first. Since I’m kinda naive and just believe people, what’s a good place to order from, and if I may ask how much does an order like yours range in? Again I know it’s personal and not my business, but just trying to see what I can get for a good price. (Please by all means if it makes you uncomfortable at all just ignore the part that I asked (of how much roughly you spent) :). Any help would be great.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So I don’t mean to intrude pry etc (it’s none of my business) but I have thought of ordering some things online which this would be my first. Since I’m kinda naive and just believe people, what’s a good place to order from, and if I may ask how much does an order like yours range in? Again I know it’s personal and not my business, but just trying to see what I can get for a good price. (Please by all means if it makes you uncomfortable at all just ignore the part that I asked (of how much roughly you spent) :). Any help would be great.

I think that he spent $600. I could be wrong, but OG Bounce is expensive, True Australian Torch is also expensive (much more than indo pacific torch, the brain isn't very expensive, IF that is WWC Pink Floyd chalice, is not cheap either. The fish should have been under $100. So, @The Camaro Show are you going to fill us in on the actually price?
As far as good places to order from online would be most of the Forum Sponsors, it would depend on what type of corals ( easy stuff or like Acropora) or if you want fish as well for me to give you my opinion @Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just don’t know what to expect or how to basically. What’s difficult is I only have Thursdays off and usually Sundays from the hospital. But most of the fedex and Ups guys, don’t even knock or anything, they leave it on the door and run away. I’d hate to have them just leave something I ordered on my front porch.

The other issue is, I am not sure if what I order is what I’m actually seeing in their pictures. I have heard so many things I don’t know what to believe. I just want someone who is more than anything 100% honest and hopefully not super super expensive. I am looking for mainly acros at this point, jusr all different kinds and varieties. It would be nice to have some of the exotics, but most are only a half inch tall. I have been told, those are very hard to keep do to the size. I’m also terrible with all the acros names, I just go with what’s pretty. But hoping to find some reds, blues, purples yellows. I have a few purple and green and they are so neat.

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess that all vendors that ship next day by 10AM require signature, so you wouldn't need to worry about fedex or UPS running off with out telling you about the package. If your not really looking for high end and just going for what you feel is nice looks like idaho has a reef club https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/idaho-marine-aquarium-society.128/ that would be a great place to get some corals.

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just don’t know what to expect or how to basically. What’s difficult is I only have Thursdays off and usually Sundays from the hospital. But most of the fedex and Ups guys, don’t even knock or anything, they leave it on the door and run away. I’d hate to have them just leave something I ordered on my front porch.

The other issue is, I am not sure if what I order is what I’m actually seeing in their pictures. I have heard so many things I don’t know what to believe. I just want someone who is more than anything 100% honest and hopefully not super super expensive. I am looking for mainly acros at this point, jusr all different kinds and varieties. It would be nice to have some of the exotics, but most are only a half inch tall. I have been told, those are very hard to keep do to the size. I’m also terrible with all the acros names, I just go with what’s pretty. But hoping to find some reds, blues, purples yellows. I have a few purple and green and they are so neat.

As far as shipping goes, having it delivered on Thursday is no problem for most vendors. When I am expecting a delivery I usually place a large sign on the door by the garage where they deliver that I am expecting Live Fish and to deliver to the back of the house where my entrance to the apartment is located.

Acros don't have to be expensive. There are plenty of acros that are quite reasonable and beautiful. As long as you don't have to have the lastest, greatest, rarest for the moment, most ingenious named coral ever you will find plenty out there.

Lots of good vendors on R2R. Just visit their sites and comparative shop for size and availability. Live sales are good places to find deals as well.

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'd suggest reaching out to one of the recommended vendors and give them a little info on your tank, what colors interest you or any specific corals you want, and what your budget is.

I'm sure they'd put a nice bundle together for you and not suggest anything your tank might not be ready for.

There are other threads on great online vendors that support R2R so I don't want to make suggestions and further hijack this thread!

And nice looking stuff to the OP! I am sure you're stoked to have some cool coral!

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I spent $450 I bought the bounce from a 15 year old kid on here @Dolphin424 for $150 and I cant say how great it is if you want some coral hit him up hes the plug for sure. I spent about 105 at wet pets and then about 205 at tidal gardens. prices torch was 105 and he sold it to me for 85, pink floyd was on sale for 55 norm 75, and the brain was 35 or 45 I forget.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

That’s good to know thank you so much. How do they compare as when you buy from your lfs? I’m just trying to get more of a variety of acros that they are not getting. Most of them get lots of green and brown ones. I have some nice acros now, but not really wanting green or brown. They always say they will turn maybe but maybe not. So not sure what they are meaning.

Dolphin424

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent $450 I bought the bounce from a 15 year old kid on here @Dolphin424 for $150 and I cant say how great it is if you want some coral hit him up hes the plug for sure. I spent about 105 at wet pets and then about 205 at tidal gardens. prices torch was 105 and he sold it to me for 85, pink floyd was on sale for 55 norm 75, and the brain was 35 or 45 I forget.
Thanks Bro!

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Battle Corals is awesome. Ask him for a Battle Box. I've heard good things about Boom Corals. Both are vendors here, hit them up, they will hook you up.

Yeah fed ex/UPS can suck, just keep checking the porch like I do when I am waiting on corals. Realistically if it is delivery before 10:30am it's not like they will be sitting there long.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JaimeAdams thank you so much for the information. Are they safe to use like a cc or debit that’s secured. Would you suggest one of those temp cards instead. I have never actually paid for anything online. I am lame I still use a check book for normal bills etc. just have heard bad things from ordering online. But I will contact them and see what we can come up with. :)

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JaimeAdams thank you so much for the information. Are they safe to use like a cc or debit that’s secured. Would you suggest one of those temp cards instead. I have never actually paid for anything online. I am lame I still use a check book for normal bills etc. just have heard bad things from ordering online. But I will contact them and see what we can come up with. :)
Well they are as safe as any other online purchase. You have never bought anything online? Ummm...That's different especially today with Amazon Prime ruling the world.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they are as safe as any other online purchase. You have never bought anything online? Ummm...That's different especially today with Amazon Prime ruling the world.

Lol actually I haven’t done a lot of things, my whole life was wrapped around school mostly. If I ever needed anything I just went locally and found it. Now I have used my debit card obviously in stores, but always in person. This forum is my only social media actually. I have of course heard of Amazon, but never been on it or shopped there etc.

That’s why I’m asking (yes I feel dumb), but Boise doesn’t get some of the neat rare corals I have seen online. I’m hoping to venture out of my little cave.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back