New critter on new frag

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One arm of a hiding brittle star? The banding is very similar to my micro bristles which hide like that.

Edit: I just watched your first video and realise you're referring to the whole circular organism. Absolutely no idea!

Last edited:

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Henry The Worst Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Poke it. Can you scrape it off?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Its a vermetid snail. Break it off at the bottom base with a needlenose pliers or apply a dab of gel superglue or coral glue to the opening of the tube and it will starve off.
The slime is used to capture food and also irritates nearby coral stealing their food source

Critteraholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas? Picked this up this weekend and dipped before going into the DT. This guy is still hanging on
I think it's a mini serpent star curled up in there. There's a second leg poking out on the side and it looks like the star's flat body stuffed in there. Whether or not what it's sharing that little hole with is alive, I have no idea.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the tube looks like a vermatid. I do see what you are seeing @Critteraholic ... it does look like something stuffed in there. I still go with poke it, scrape it, break the sucker off and destroy what's left. Cover it in glue - just lay waste to it.
Welcome to the forum, Critter!!
To the alien...
i must break you dolph lundgren GIF

Critteraholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the tube looks like a vermatid. I do see what you are seeing @Critteraholic ... it does look like something stuffed in there. I still go with poke it, scrape it, break the sucker off and destroy what's left. Cover it in glue - just lay waste to it.
Welcome to the forum, Critter!!
To the alien...
i must break you dolph lundgren GIF
:D I like -some- aliens running around in my tank. :p

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also dont think the mucus net disturbs coral. Most coral ive seen stay open when the spider web is on em.
D
Really? Those little b*s*rds send webs all over my Kenyan Tree. It looks like the tree got TP's for Halloween prank night. The tree does not like it one bit. I'm overdue for a good nuking with krazy glue.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D I like -some- aliens running around in my tank. :p
I like aliens that I can identify and control. If it has the potential to sting me, tick off a coral or a fish than bye bye. If it's cute ... like a fighting conch and it just eats poop for fun, welcome to the tank.
Badass Snail GIF

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back