New cube build! Again!

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice stuff, you should be fine putting heater on the bottom but if your heater comes with some stand offs it will improve flow around it

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice stuff, you should be fine putting heater on the bottom but if your heater comes with some stand offs it will improve flow around it
Thanks for the input that makes perfect sense. Doesn’t seem to be very much interest in this thread lol. I’ll keep posting anyway it’s fun, this weekend will be productive should be getting all my plumbing pieces, the apex, and start working on aquascape.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get discouraged, it's a busy time of year for people. Our local forum slows down big time this time of year, it's just the way it goes. More pics will help though!

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4057E572-80D5-4AF9-B708-B3A5BD52C3C4.jpeg
7B51B71D-B141-46BD-AA9A-0991C746569C.jpeg
B6CBA1B5-CAAD-4788-9DB9-CFE2307E5C4D.jpeg
C690FF88-CD95-47BA-976D-C67BBB5F8369.jpeg
Whoop whoop! Apex showed up today along with the plumbing. Should get the ball rolling this weekend!

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will love the new Apex! Once I got through hooking it up to my home network which is just something I am not great at, it has been awesome!

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will love the new Apex! Once I got through hooking it up to my home network which is just something I am not great at, it has been awesome!
I’m hoping so I’ve been running tanks for years without using a controller, and I know this tank is small but I work more hrs than ever and really want to give sps a try in this tank. I was really torn between the GHL or the new Apex. Obviously went with the apex; solely because of the support on this forum were i to have problems. Although after spending almost $1200 I’m hoping to not have problems.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve started on the plumbing . Nothing ever goes the way I originally envision it. Lol. Taking a break for a min. and making a list of things to go get. I thought with a cabinet this large for a 60 gal cube there could be no shortage of space, I’m finding this to be quite untrue.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9B6171F4-9EF3-47F3-ADE2-6D95549E1B49.jpeg
6BCCB4EB-1448-43B7-9E58-5DE67A38A030.jpeg
2D3B4F9A-C304-4B0E-9A8A-472F314A9A35.jpeg
A few more updates, plumbing is finished, got the doser installed, mounted controller and I’m currently running the wires for everything. There are a few other controllers, the ato, and some cleaning up to do still but getting close to getting this thing wet!

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5D3B5884-FAFD-4CDF-B0B3-938D48C4078D.jpeg
Not much to report been busy at work but got carbon reactor in. I don’t really run it a lot but I like having one if I’m just feeling I need the extra filter power. Lol

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know progress has been slow, working a ton hrs. This is actually making for a better build as I’ve had more time to think about things instead of rushing through it. I mounted the aquatic life hybrid led t-5 fixture last night, hydra is not in yet as I’m waiting to begin breaking down other tank so I can really get this thing going.

Dystinction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really nice, @Bmasculine
I feel that you did a really nice job with your stand and shelving, incorporating it into your living space just like it was always meant to be there!
Plumbing and organization in your cabinet looks well thought-out.

I know progress has been slow, working a ton hrs. This is actually making for a better build as I’ve had more time to think about things instead of rushing through it.

Man, can I relate to this! However, I think you 'justified' yourself nicely, and that's the same 'excuse' I've been telling myself! But I agree.....I feel my build (like yours) has come along better because I have been taking my time.

Keep it up! I'm aiming for the weekend of the 2nd to have mine wet....are you gonna beat me to it? :)

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really nice, @Bmasculine
I feel that you did a really nice job with your stand and shelving, incorporating it into your living space just like it was always meant to be there!
Plumbing and organization in your cabinet looks well thought-out.

Man, can I relate to this! However, I think you 'justified' yourself nicely, and that's the same 'excuse' I've been telling myself! But I agree.....I feel my build (like yours) has come along better because I have been taking my time.

Keep it up! I'm aiming for the weekend of the 2nd to have mine wet....are you gonna beat me to it? :)
Well I was hoping for this weekend but I got scheduled to work so I don’t think it will happen. I appreciate your kind words, I have three other tanks that I rushed through and regretted doing things the way I did later on, so trying to avoid that. I’ve still got some more stuff that needs to be installed before I can tidy up all the wiring. I’ll have to go check out your build.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m off tomorrow so I’ll make the most of my time and try to have tank wet and running. I’ve got some fresh salt water mixed getting ready for the swap.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back