New Cultured Maxima Clams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultured Assorted color Maxima Clams
Blue, Green, Turquoise, etc., mixed patterns.

Not posted on our site yet. Still settling in, but looking awesome so far!

IMGP1469~2.JPG

IMGP1475~2.JPG
IMGP1476~2.JPG
IMGP1473~2.JPG

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
They look great.

Question on the size. All things being equal with a normal running mixed reef does it matter which size with regards to success rate? Hopefully I asked that correctly.

For example buying a smaller, young, fish may not have enough food if introduced to a mature tank even though he knows what to do. The other fish are bullies and faster. On the other hand an older fish is set in its way and therefore may not take to frozen or pellet / other foods and slowly starve. So when I buy a fish I typically size it up based on info then try my best to buy something in the middle size range to help with my success rate. I think this is something I read Mr. Fenner suggested a while back in one of his talks and it stuck with me.

Corals and clams of course are different so was trying to see how the size effected the chance of success. Probably not a issue if ones tank is cared for but wanted to ask.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great.

Question on the size. All things being equal with a normal running mixed reef does it matter which size with regards to success rate? Hopefully I asked that correctly.

For example buying a smaller, young, fish may not have enough food if introduced to a mature tank even though he knows what to do. The other fish are bullies and faster. On the other hand an older fish is set in its way and therefore may not take to frozen or pellet / other foods and slowly starve. So when I buy a fish I typically size it up based on info then try my best to buy something in the middle size range to help with my success rate. I think this is something I read Mr. Fenner suggested a while back in one of his talks and it stuck with me.

Corals and clams of course are different so was trying to see how the size effected the chance of success. Probably not a issue if ones tank is cared for but wanted to ask.

Being cultured, these are all equally hardy. The larger are more impressive, got 2 very nice 4 inch this time and lots of 3 to 3.5 inch. It's somewhat rare to get Maxima clams larger than about 3 inches due to it taking a long time to grow out.

U

User1

View Badges
Being cultured, these are all equally hardy. The larger are more impressive, got 2 very nice 4 inch this time and lots of 3 to 3.5 inch. It's somewhat rare to get Maxima clams larger than about 3 inches due to it taking a long time to grow out.

Thanks. That actually makes a lot of sense with regards to the grow out time and cost. I actually like both of those although I'm not sure where I would put it. Better yet how it would look under my lights.

These grow out to about 12 or so inches?

1565310315159.png

tqpolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming these will be sale on sizes and won't be WYSWYG? Any option to select color or pattern?

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming these will be sale on sizes and won't be WYSWYG? Any option to select color or pattern?

I will be posting WYSIWYG and also our always popular our pick specials. I think I might also photograph groups and number them and post here and folks can order by number at a lower price than individual WYSIWYG.

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one, ugh need the money

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great, are there smaller ones for less $ ?

Our Pick Specials

WYSIWYG selection

Back