• PLEASE create your market listing (new for sale thread) HERE in our new marketplace! The new marketplace will allow you to create listings based on criteria that will help those searching for aquarium products and livestock find your items easier. You will also be able to accept online payment or your own method of outside payment. The new market will also allow you to pick and choose who you sell to easier, keep track of your products, give and receive feedback scores and much more! Thank you. For more info please see this thread or go directly to the Beta Market here.

Marketplace

ChicagoShoop

View Badges
Reaction score
I ordered a 240 gal custom planet aquarium through a LFS and had some unexpected financial things come up that will not allow me to start this dream build of mine. The tank is 96"x 24"x 24" and will have 2 external side overflows and a total of 3 drains. The rest of the items that were going to be used for this build were returned so it is just the tank itself that is for sale. Price paid was $3300 but am willing to entertain any and all reasonable offers. Hopefully someone in the Chicagoland area or neighboring states is looking for something like this. If around the Chicago area, i may be able to assist with delivery, but no guarantees. Please feel to PM me with any questions. Tank has not arrived yet, and will not be in for a few weeks, but it is completed and getting ready to be shipped (last update from the mfg today).

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Ideally you would just have it shipped to whoever buys it from you. I just ordered a tank from Planet as well. How long was your wait to have it built?

OP
ChicagoShoop

ChicagoShoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Correct this is tank only, no stand or other equipment. I sent the order in back in mid april or so. Still waiting for it to be completed, but was told its just about done and ready for shipping. In todays world im sure that means another 4-6 weeks lol.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
ChicagoShoop

ChicagoShoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Here is picture of the tank
8F9B93EB-0992-406A-B57A-8E0DAB701A24.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Have you ever had a reef tank with no sump and how did it go?

• YES and it was just fine

Votes: 366 58.7%
  • YES but it was difficult

Votes: 108 17.3%
  • NO

Votes: 138 22.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 1.9%