New Fauna Marine AEFW X

Victor Herrera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Just saw a new product from Fauna Marine called AEFW X, which it seems to be an in tank treatment to eliminate acropora eating flatworms.

Any thoughts on it? Not sure if it is too new for any of you to have tested it?

Thanks

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I have herd of it. Reef builders article said they listed the active ingredient as capsaicin! That’s HUGE for the hobby and the product imo. It must stop them from being able to breed permanently? Or is there a need to dose it after the first month or two? If this stuff works it looks like it’s doing the same thing that flatworm stop does when dosed for long periods at a double dose. But this stuff works in a month? I pray that’s true for the hobby and would say that such a reputable company along with listed ingriedent it’s a real good combo, question is does it work?
I am curious if it causes any paling of the corals or anything negative at all to the tank in general.
I am blown away there has been no talk over this for a whole day at least, not sure when the product sale date started.

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone tried it?

OP
OP
V

Victor Herrera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It came out less than a week ago. And i think it is only available in Europe right. But if this works it will be huge!!

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Defitnetly following, I could also buy this product since i live in Europe and saw some flatworms a couple days ago. But now there are no signs of aefw after I dipped the coral and started using kz flatworm stop.

If I will see another flatworm spot on any acro I will order this product and report it here

Last edited:

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dino X worked to kill my dinos after about 8 doses. It also killed most of my acropora. 3 weeks later and dinos are back with a vengeance. Would not recommend. LOL.
I had almost the same experience. Acros were dead after the first 2 doses
I hate to go off topic but as soon as I let my no3 get above 25 and po4 above 0.35 the dinos were gone and haven’t been back since.

simple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post :)

I am a reefer from germany and bought aefwx some weeks ago. To my knowledge it was investigated by a private person and the recipe was than given to FM. Prior to market introduction it was tested by several reefers. It is absolutely reef safe at least if the recommended dosage is used. Will it help? We will see. The beta users were excited ... I am pretty sure that beside capsaicin there is also wormwood inside (filtrated). Smells exactly the same to me. Not sure if there is anything more inside???

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post :)

I am a reefer from germany and bought aefwx some weeks ago. To my knowledge it was investigated by a private person and the recipe was than given to FM. Prior to market introduction it was tested by several reefers. It is absolutely reef safe at least if the recommended dosage is used. Will it help? We will see. The beta users were excited ... I am pretty sure that beside capsaicin there is also wormwood inside (filtrated). Smells exactly the same to me. Not sure if there is anything more inside???

Good to hear! How is ur experience with the product so far?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wormwood has worked in other remedies. It takes patience, time and vigor, but many have had eradication - I have witnessed it firsthand with an infestation of tens of thousands of worms.

Some are not capable of waiting patiently and dosing every day with a wormwood based remedy.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
KZ Flatworm stop, which many people believe also has wormwood, reduced my AEFW to undetectable levels in combination with a wrasse. Really hoping this does the trick on its own

simple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am still at the first bottle. I only have a mild infestation, no worms are blown of corals, so I hope there are only a few.
Not totally sure if the capsaicin does anything other than preservation? Maybe yes maybe not :). Selfmade wormwood solution tends to mold after a while at least at room temperature and unfiltered (JDA recipe). Only my guess but who knows maybe capsaicin is the game changer...and other unknown ingredients.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is prob like the STN or RTN X type of deal, looks amazing and being out for awhile but it’s not popular for a reason, not working!

I did got on the flatworm stop boat. I have been dosing almost whole $80 bottle didn’t see anything happened. However, lately I lost a small colony of wall hammer and there were bite marks?

I call them snake oils but a lot of time we fall into them

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Capsaicin, huh?
Throw a couple chili peppers in the sump and call it a day! :p

All joking aside, I have always wondered if fish have capsaicin receptors...

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is prob like the STN or RTN X type of deal, looks amazing and being out for awhile but it’s not popular for a reason, not working!

I did got on the flatworm stop boat. I have been dosing almost whole $80 bottle didn’t see anything happened. However, lately I lost a small colony of wall hammer and there were bite marks?

I call them snake oils but a lot of time we fall into them

was checking this thread to see how this product did...

You're throwing the snake oil term out there but then mention bite marks on a wall hammer coral after dosing 1 bottle of flatworm stop. First, you have no idea what this pest even does if you think it's eating your wall hammer (LPS, come on man) and then mention you only dosed 1 bottle (the bottle clearly says to expect best results after several months). Yeah, the "snake oil" term is a little unfair here.

There may be lots of snake oil in this hobby but there is even plenty more flat out wrong information being tossed around on forums.

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on whether AEFW X worked or not?
I have been using it for about a week and a half. I can tell you that when I put it in the first time, I saw all the AEFW detach and float around. They recommend that you continue use for 4-6 weeks to ensure that all AEFW and eggs are killed. It is far too early to tell, but I have not lost any more corals since I began using. Further, the number of AEFW that comes off when I baste has significantly reduced to very few. It is too early to tell, but short term, it has definitely at least stopped the AEFW from doing any more damage.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using it for about a week and a half. I can tell you that when I put it in the first time, I saw all the AEFW detach and float around. They recommend that you continue use for 4-6 weeks to ensure that all AEFW and eggs are killed. It is far too early to tell, but I have not lost any more corals since I began using. Further, the number of AEFW that comes off when I baste has significantly reduced to very few. It is too early to tell, but short term, it has definitely at least stopped the AEFW from doing any more damage.
Have you noticed it killing any other types of worms?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back