New firmware update now available: Preparations for ION Director, increased dosing pump support and more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Vinny@GHLUSA. So if I understand correctly there is no need to disconnect my powerbars from the P4 to update the firmware of the P4 (just as any other update).

My slave doser and KHD are connected and controlled by one Stand Alone Doser. For these how would I proceed with the update?

Last edited:

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always do like this.

Back up everything - setting and sensors

Do the firmware upgrade of the P4 computer with everything connected. If any of the PAB devices must be upgraded disconnect every of them and only connect the PAB in question.

In your case - you do not need to upgrade the powerbars - so it will be enough just to upgrade the P4 with them connected.

I have not updated a Doser 2.1 SA with attached KHD and slave pump but I supose that you do the same way - but check if you need to update first

- If you need or not - check this list - it is valid for latest GCC 1.1.3.2

GHL doser stand alone 1.36
GHL doser slave 1.36
Powerbar 5.1 1.01
Powerbar 6D 1.08 (the old 6 sockets power bar
Powerbar 6E 1.00 (the new)
P4 7.24

When you have installed your new CCG - you can always check which FW you need to upgrade

Go to your C directory like this

screenshot 019.PNG

Further

screenshot 020.PNG

Further to GHL doser standalone

screenshot 021.PNG

Or

screenshot 022.PNG

Or

screenshot 023.PNG

Hope this help

Sincerely Lasse
Thank you Lasse. VERY helpful indeed. Much appreciated

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know about anyone else, but I can’t wait to get my ION directors. If I can have my firmware updates all done before hand that’s great. Then I can just inbox and install and not have to spend the time at that point to update everything.

Kato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the current consensus on this update? I see its still in BETA but I really need the increased manual dosings.
I have p4, khd, 2xdoser2.1, powerbar

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it without any major problems since the update was released - but I have lost my e-mail possibility - however - does not know if it is because of the update or not

Sincerely Lasse

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I gather, each new release GHL pushes out is called "BETA", then the previous has the BETA tag removed.
I am running 7.24 without issues, nor am I having the email issues as is Lasse

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it without any major problems since the update was released - but I have lost my e-mail possibility - however - does not know if it is because of the update or not

Sincerely Lasse
I have been using the update without issue. When windows 10 did an update I lost my connections (WiFi and USB). This happened once before prior to the GHL update once again when windows 10 did an update. I now keep a copy of the GHL connections.dat and email.dat files. So I restored the connections.dat file and got my connections restored.

Kato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good stuff. Ok I'll update over the weekend I think.

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished the update, the update went very smooth, started at 4:28pm and completed at 5:25pm (within 40mins). My system is not that heavily integrated, 2 powerbars, 2 slave dosers, a KH director and a Vortech controller. And no problem on the email.

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I updated my P4 and my Doser 2.1 SA (still did not update my PowerBars, KH Director or Slave doser) and although things seem to be OK (other than the fact that I keep loosing wifi connection several times a day, but that has always been the case) but when I try to display the KH chart on the App it always stalls and than the app disconnects. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I updated my P4 and my Doser 2.1 SA (still did not update my PowerBars, KH Director or Slave doser) and although things seem to be OK (other than the fact that I keep loosing wifi connection several times a day, but that has always been the case) but when I try to display the KH chart on the App it always stalls and than the app disconnects. Any ideas?

@VJV
Since this is unrelated to the topic of the thread.
Please create a support ticket for direct assistance.

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@VJV
Since this is unrelated to the topic of the thread.
Please create a support ticket for direct assistance.
Hey @Vinny@GHLUSA , given this is an issue that started after the update I can’t really see how this is unrelated to the thread, and would appreciate some pointers or feedback from others that experienced the same after the upgrade.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clear the cache and force stop the app to see if that fixes it.

Kato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if this has been reported before, but running 7.24 on the P4, the firmware version before that on the dosers and when I selected 'disable kh director' in myghl, something weird happened and I ended up with lots of regent on my floor. Basically the regent pump started dosing, but the KHD must have shut off its input as regent would not come through and when the pressure got too high in the tube, it disconnected from the doser. Now regent poured onto the floor for about 10 minutes (doser kept dosing) until I noticed. Just fyi.

Perhaps its because I did not update my doser firmware...only the p4 to 7.24..perhaps it didn't get the memo that the khd was disabled.

Last edited:

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if this has been reported before, but running 7.24 on the P4, the firmware version before that on the dosers and when I selected 'disable kh director' in myghl, something weird happened and I ended up with lots of regent on my floor. Basically the regent pump started dosing, but the KHD must have shut off its input as regent would not come through and when the pressure got too high in the tube, it disconnected from the doser. Now regent poured onto the floor for about 10 minutes (doser kept dosing) until I noticed. Just fyi.

Perhaps its because I did not update my doser firmware...only the p4 to 7.24..perhaps it didn't get the memo that the khd was disabled.
Woah, did you open a ticket for that?

Kato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't yet. But will. Thanks for the reminder.
I reproduced it 3 times. As soon as I enable the KHD again it works fine.
Lets see what GHL says. I had some issues upgrading the dosers to the latest FW (they are on the ones part of the non-beta GCC package).

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back