New firmware update now available: Preparations for ION Director, increased dosing pump support and more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a reply from GHL (these guys answer fast). So what happened was this:
# When you disable the KHD it won't open its internal valve for the regent. So if a doser doses, the tube will blow off
# If the doser head is set to 'reacts to switch channel' then it will fall back to that (and that switch channel may not be off) when the KHD is disabled
# The solution it seems is to set it to 'reacts to schedule' and then make sure the schedule does not run any day

I suggested to them that if a doser head is part of KHD control, and then the KHD is disabled, the doser head should be turned off until otherwise reconfigured. You won't notice this until you actually disable the KHD.

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't yet. But will. Thanks for the reminder.
I reproduced it 3 times. As soon as I enable the KHD again it works fine.
Lets see what GHL says. I had some issues upgrading the dosers to the latest FW (they are on the ones part of the non-beta GCC package).
To update my dosers I couldn't jump firmware rev numbers. I don't remember what the firmware rev numbers were. It's in one of these posts. Let's just say that the current rev was 1.5 and I was on 1.3. I couldn't go from 1.3 to 1.5. I had to install 1.4 first then I was able to install 1.5.

Kato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To update my dosers I couldn't jump firmware rev numbers. I don't remember what the firmware rev numbers were. It's in one of these posts. Let's just say that the current rev was 1.5 and I was on 1.3. I couldn't go from 1.3 to 1.5. I had to install 1.4 first then I was able to install 1.5.

Got it, will give that a try. Thanks

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That expansion is reserved for the P4 and SA Dosers.
Sorry i don't understand. When a SA doser interacts with a Profilux, doesn't it become a slave (and thus have to use the dosing heads available)? Or are you saying more than 16 heads will never be available to a Profilux 3 (ie. go and buy a Profilux 4 or a SA DOser if you need more)?

Thanks

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bricked a doser... during firmware update it had a comm error hit ok. Now I have tried everything to get it back and it’s just done and gone. Won’t turn on, doesn’t show in PAB devices. It’s a slave doser.

yes, I had only it plugged in to the pab, yes, the P4 was updated first and rebooted.

I have a 2 other slave dosers that upgraded just fine.

I had refrained from doing this update due to people having trouble. One of those, If it's not broke, don't fix it. Well I wanted the larger amount of dosing options so it was time to try it. Well, GHL doesn't disappoint.. They have made this process very painful.

@Ditto any suggestions?

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the slave dose a master doser or gruel ya slave?

If you power it off and I unplug from the it from the PAB cable, leave it off for like 5 minutes and power back up does it power up back up does it power up?

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bricked a doser... during firmware update it had a comm error hit ok. Now I have tried everything to get it back and it’s just done and gone. Won’t turn on, doesn’t show in PAB devices. It’s a slave doser.

yes, I had only it plugged in to the pab, yes, the P4 was updated first and rebooted.

I had refrained from doing this update due to people having trouble. One of those, If it's not broke, don't fix it. Well I wanted the larger amount of dosing options so it was time to try it. Well, GHL doesn't disappoint.. They have made this process very painful.

@Ditto any suggestions?
this is one thing I liked about the apex is the software upgrades were the easiest thing ever. I have also waited on doing this upgrade as I don't have a doser yet. I did have a question though. When will this technically be labeled as not beta and more or less a normal upgrade?

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is one thing I liked about the apex is the software upgrades were the easiest thing ever. I have also waited on doing this upgrade as I don't have a doser yet. I did have a question though. When will this technically be labeled as not beta and more or less a normal upgrade?
When the new release comes out.
GHL labels all new releases as BETA, then once a new release is out, the old loses it's BETA tag.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Ditto any suggestions?
I finally got around to finishing and fixing the updates today. The bricked doser was fixed by the emergency procedures. All the rest of my Dosers upgraded fine. It was easy to do since my entire system is presently shut down and waiting on a replacement tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back