New firmware update now available: Preparations for ION Director, increased dosing pump support and more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logo-Cropped narrow.png

The next big update is here!
New firmware for ProfiLux 4 controller

After five months of working on this update, it is finally complete and available for download:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/ghl-control-center-v1-1-3-2/#description

So what's new?
Quite a bit!

ION Director preparations

This new firmware version lays the foundation for the upcoming ION DIRECTOR.
The internal software architecture in the P4 as well as the GUI in the GHL Connect app and GHL Control Center are now prepared with this release.
1584384791686.png

Increased dosing pump limits for ProfiLux 4
With this update, we've officially doubled the number of supported dosing pumps.
P4 controllers now support up to 32 dosing pumps.
1584386510677.png

Increased number of manual dosages per pump
We heard you loud and clear on this one!
The previously supported limit has been tripled which means you can now set up to 24 manual dose times.

Increased number of connectable PAB-devices

This one is for the power users and large coral facilities!
Current P4 owners can now connect up to 30 different PAB-devices.

Redesigned control options for automated testing stations

In preparation for the IOND release, we've implemented a more efficient way to configure your control options. Each dosing pump channel now allows you to choose which parameter test result will affect the selected pump. Choose from Alkalinity, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium or Nitrate (IOND or KHD required).
The control settings that were previously used in the KHD settings page are no longer required. These can be transferred over at the push of a button!
1584388283859.png

GHL Vortech Controller now supported in GHL Connect
P4 owners can now assign and configure their Vortech pumps through the app.
Our handy tutorial walks you through the entire process.
1584388628513.png

New: Network Setup Wizard
The addition of this wizard makes it even easier to get your GHL device connected to your home network.
1584388815016.png

NOTE
In order to benefit from these changes, your primary device and any connected slave dosing pumps must be updated and running on the newest firmware versions included in the above link.

As always, backup your settings before carrying out any update!

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This update is one of the biggest updates done to the firmware to date.

I have been running this version for a while with no issues to report.

It is important users need to make sure they do the following.

• Before doing the update backup both your sensor and your P4 config. Your going to need to restore the settings once you do the firmware update.
  • After you do the firmware update go to the system panel and re-association all your PAB devices. (DO NOT Do the restore of your config then this)
  • Restore your config
  • If your using the KH Director and are doing adaptive dosing you will need to copy it over to the dosing channels. All Adaptive controls are now on the dosing channels.
  • Update all your dosers to the latest firmware.
Enjoy the changes!!

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

• Before doing the update backup both your sensor and your P4 config. Your going to need to restore the settings once you do the firmware update.
  • After you do the firmware update go to the system panel and re-association all your PAB devices. (DO NOT Do the restore of your config then this)
  • Restore your config
  • If your using the KH Director and are doing adaptive dosing you will need to copy it over to the dosing channels. All Adaptive controls are now on the dosing channels.
Enjoy the changes!!
Thanks for this @Ditto a couple of questions if you don’t mind? does reassigning the PAB devices alter any of the numbering assignments? Once I do a restore of my settings does it remember all of the numbering of my dosing pumps and power bars correctly? I’m a little confused by the having to reassign PAB devices before doing the restore and potential impact... just a little nervous as I have 5 dosers and 5 powerbars a lot of which are linked to programmable language.... I think I’ll do this when I have loads of time and have photographed all of my settings and programs

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my main system which is 3 Doser 2.1 and 2 Maxi and 3 power bars I had no issues with the one that is posted :)

The reason why I am saying to make sure you assign the PAB devices which is your going to notice even after the reboot(firmware update applied) even thou it said it had default some of your going to notice after the reboot your devices are all going to be working like nothing is wrong. Your going to launch GCC and it going to say hey default settings applied but your going to notice your config is there. But when you go to PAB devices it going to show them all unassigned but everything will work. I reassigned them and nothing changed everything work as expected.

When I did it I first did Firmware update I did the update and restored my configuration and sensor data but I noticed my expansion box probes did not restore correctly and that because it did not see the extra probes being enabled because I did not reassign the external expansion box.

So I had to assign the PAB devices and restore the configuration and sensor data twice.

I agree take your time, on this one as I believe it one of the biggest updates to date.

voooooo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
updated doser2.1sa to the latest and i still don’t see a way to add more than 8 manual doses. after adding 8 doses the add button is disabled.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind. Crisis fixed lol. Got all 3 items updated with firmware

Other than ion director. I'm so excited about this. This right here!

Increased number of manual dosages per pump
We heard you loud and clear on this one!
The previously supported limit has been tripled which means you can now set up to 24 manual dose times.

Last edited:

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is IOS devices won’t work after upgrading? Is this true or false? At least not till Apple allows the new app?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

• Restore your config
Enjoy the changes!!
Does updating PAB device firmware (ie. a doser) still require disconnecting all but the device in question?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought that was supposed to be a major feature of this forthcoming, large update. Bummer..

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back