New firmware update now available: Preparations for ION Director, increased dosing pump support and more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had no issues with the IOS connect app working on my iPhone.

Are you hearing reports it is not?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had no issues with the IOS connect app working on my iPhone.

Are you hearing reports it is not?
I assume you are running the beta?

The first Email I got from GHL talking about the update, it mentioned that the IOS app was in beta and waiting for approval from Apple to get released. (Summarizing from memory)

Basically, I don’t want to install the new firmwares, GCC and not have the new app to run everything with or have the old app not work with the new firmware. So I’m thinking I need to wait for the IOS App release then update. But I’m not sure so I figured I needed to ask.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any other minor items included in the update?

Seeing if there would be any benefit in me performing the update at this time as I don't have a doser, vortech and not getting an IOD.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app was updated over a week ago with most of the features already enabled and working. I was testing the beta firmware that is now the release software with the version of GHL connect that is listed on the site.

B20B0E44-80D8-4812-9B35-F7E3002E2362.png

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any other minor items included in the update?

Seeing if there would be any benefit in me performing the update at this time as I don't have a doser, vortech and not getting an IOD.
Once you're comfortable with the stability reports I would think you want to update.

I've seen at least a few open issues that were going to be addressed with an upcoming firmware update.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On stability, do the firmware updates ever come out of beta? It seams to me the current release is no longer labeled beta only when the next release comes out.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there clear step by step instructions on what to do to update? I want to make sure that I do everything correctly. Or are we just supposed to wing it with the info we have here? I'm trying to be super cautious. ;Bookworm

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there clear step by step instructions on what to do to update? I want to make sure that I do everything correctly. Or are we just supposed to wing it with the info we have here? I'm trying to be super cautious. ;Bookworm
See Dittos post for starters. When you go to the General tab it will tell you there is an update to the firmware. I can’t remember all the steps.
When you do the dosers all other PAB devices need to be unplugged. Do them one at a time.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See Dittos post for starters. When you go to the General tab it will tell you there is an update to the firmware. I can’t remember all the steps.
When you do the dosers all other PAB devices need to be unplugged. Do them one at a time.

Took screenshots of Ditto’s post and printed them out as backup. lol

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So, unplug everything from the P4 except for the dosers? Do I have to connect the dosers directly to P4? I have to basically redo the wiring? Am I understanding this correctly?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch the videos. I'll agree GHL has some work to do on making this easier. But it's all there on Youtube.

tdhnry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto is the above correct? I’ve updated firmware on P4 and restored settings. I just need to update dosers and that’s where I’m stuck.

@Vinny@GHLUSA

I think the slave doser needs to be connected to the P4 in order to be updated.

I don't think the SA dosers are included in this update.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, unplug everything from the P4 except for the dosers? Do I have to connect the dosers directly to P4? I have to basically redo the wiring? Am I understanding this correctly?
Do one doser at a time.

Unplug all PAB devices from the back of the P4.
Then plug a separate cable into the back of your P4. I use LAN cables, CAT 5E or CAT 6 work just fine,
Go to your first doser or last, doesn’t matter.
Unplug the PAB cables on that doser.
Plug the other end of the separate LAN cable into that doser.
Update dosers firmware.
Unplug LAN cable plug your PAB cables back into your Doser.
Continue to do this for all dosers.
When done with all dosers remove LAN cable and plug your original PAB cables back into your P4.

At the end cycle power on everything To make it all reboot.

This way you don’t have to mess around with how your cables are routed.

Last edited:

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried the first doser and got an error in the middle of it. Now it doesn’t recognize doser. Any suggestions?

Back