New firmware update now available: Preparations for ION Director, increased dosing pump support and more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the exact error you got? Perhaps these guys can help once we know the error.
@Vinny@GHLUSA @Ditto

I keep getting “Error! No PAB device is connected. Try update anyway?”

And now one of my dosers isn’t listed in the system list. I’ve tried updating both and get the same error.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did u try to re add the PAB device under system??

Yes. (The little box that you click that says PAB and then all the devices are listed?) It basically lists everything except the one doser that I had connected to GCC.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is going to sound stupid but if you have a few devices daisy chained.. make sure that the doser is actually plugged into the P4...... and only one...

I was getting a error and realized I had the KH into P4 and not the doser.. then I changed it and had the Doser plugged into the other doser which under the P4. lol.. but im stupid.. then after a error made sure and realized doser wasn't even into the P4.. not saying u did this.. just sharing my stupidity. with 100000 cables and cords... I messed up

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is going to sound stupid but if you have a few devices daisy chained.. make sure that the doser is actually plugged into the P4...... and only one...

I was getting a error and realized I had the KH into P4 and not the doser.. then I changed it and had the Doser plugged into the other doser which under the P4. lol.. but im stupid.. then after a error made sure and realized doser wasn't even into the P4.. not saying u did this.. just sharing my stupidity. with 100000 cables and cords... I messed up

Not stupid. I unplugged everything. The only thing connected to P4 (via PAB cable) was the slave doser. I literally unplugged everything else.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After going back & forth with @Matthias Gross via GHL a support ticket, I finally got everything updated (Thank you Matthias!!). Here's to hoping GHL life gets easier as we move forward. Updating firmware by unplugging all PAB devices and only connecting the one seems super archaic. Hopefully this will change in the future. It's definitely not intuitive and I can see why some people would be hesitant to jump on the GHL bandwagon. Thankfully I'm hard-headed and I'm determined to make this work. I truly believe in the product and man, is it beautiful. :) Thanks again for all of the help, @Michael Gray, @AZMSGT, @tdhnry & @Scdell!

tdhnry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to hear that you got it all figured out. This will help me with my update. I need something to do while I'm stuck home all day. Besides working of course.;)

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to hear that you got it all figured out. This will help me with my update. I need something to do while I'm stuck home all day. Besides working of course.;)

If you have any issues, feel free to DM me and I'll give you my cell so you can call and I'll walk you through it. lol

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After going back & forth with @Matthias Gross via GHL a support ticket, I finally got everything updated (Thank you Matthias!!). Here's to hoping GHL life gets easier as we move forward. Updating firmware by unplugging all PAB devices and only connecting the one seems super archaic. Hopefully this will change in the future. It's definitely not intuitive and I can see why some people would be hesitant to jump on the GHL bandwagon. Thankfully I'm hard-headed and I'm determined to make this work. I truly believe in the product and man, is it beautiful. :) Thanks again for all of the help, @Michael Gray, @AZMSGT, @tdhnry & @Scdell!
Glad you got it figured out, I had to go to the store and get a loaf of bread... Yea that was a joke in and of it's self.

Can you elaborate on what the problem was that you had and what fixed it?

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate on what the problem was that you had and what fixed it?

So, apparently when GCC tells you that it doesn't recognize the PAB device, you just need to go through with the firmware anyway. Then you need to do the emergency instructions (cutting power to device and plugging it back in and then hitting "OK" to go forward with firmware update). It's quite confusing and I don't know anyone that would think that this is a viable way to move forward because of the error messages. Quite confusing.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, apparently when GCC tells you that it doesn't recognize the PAB device, you just need to go through with the firmware anyway. Then you need to do the emergency instructions (cutting power to device and plugging it back in and then hitting "OK" to go forward with firmware update). It's quite confusing and I don't know anyone that would think that this is a viable way to move forward because of the error messages. Quite confusing.
Got ya, Yea, I've seen that. Gotta love GHL and their programming. Most of it drives me bonkers ;Wacky

I'm honestly waiting to do all the updating till I get my ION. I'm going to assume the doser that comes with it will also need to be updated. So do everything at once. Heck by the time it arrives I might have to update the ION too. Who knows.. I'm in no hurry to go through it all right now.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all the hassle I had just getting the p4 connected and working I think its about time I ditched the whole ghl thing, I just cannot understand why everything they do is such a pita to do, do they do it on purpose? an update comes out and all I see is people asking what this, what that, what the other, how this, that, and the other. I was looking forward to setting up my khd ive just bought but I daren't update anything as I really cant be bothered to go through all the hassle I had before.
GHL needs to look at itself and make things simpler for everybody to enjoy, we all know it can be done, ghl all it seems to do is to spoil what should be relaxing hobby. I know I am just one person and GHL really wont care about me but its about GHL listened to people, a simple thing as an up date shouldn't be complicated and need to do this, do that, and do the other, it should be as simple as clicking a button, I or others shouldn't have to rely on a forum for instructions.
Anyway rant over and 1 less GHL customer.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all the hassle I had just getting the p4 connected and working I think its about time I ditched the whole ghl thing, I just cannot understand why everything they do is such a pita to do, do they do it on purpose? an update comes out and all I see is people asking what this, what that, what the other, how this, that, and the other. I was looking forward to setting up my khd ive just bought but I daren't update anything as I really cant be bothered to go through all the hassle I had before.
GHL needs to look at itself and make things simpler for everybody to enjoy, we all know it can be done, ghl all it seems to do is to spoil what should be relaxing hobby. I know I am just one person and GHL really wont care about me but its about GHL listened to people, a simple thing as an up date shouldn't be complicated and need to do this, do that, and do the other, it should be as simple as clicking a button, I or others shouldn't have to rely on a forum for instructions.
Anyway rant over and 1 less GHL customer.

I totally felt the same way as you, but I have to admit, once you start wrapping your head around how they do things, it’s so worth it. The product really is 2nd to none (in my experience). I would suggest you give it a try. I would be more than happy to give you my cell so you can call if you have any issues. Also, this could be an opportunity for you to share what’s good and bad with GHL so that they can improve. Remember, this is a German company, so they definitely cater to the European market. Just my 2¢. Give them a shot! :)

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@windemerejack
We appreciate the feedback.
General updates take no longer than 5 minutes to complete once you're connected. If you're updating a PAB-device, then that depends on how extensive your setup is. Given the circumstances and how large of an update this is, there are a couple more steps involved here. Even so, it can be done in no more than 10 minutes.

Instructions for doing various things are available in the form of resource guides and how-to videos. If you're ever in need of some one-on-one assistance, you'll always have an option to use one of our support channels to use; support forum and/or ticket system.

If you'd like to discuss this some more, feel free to send me a message.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally felt the same way as you, but I have to admit, once you start wrapping your head around how they do things, it’s so worth it. The product really is 2nd to none (in my experience). I would suggest you give it a try. I would be more than happy to give you my cell so you can call if you have any issues. Also, this could be an opportunity for you to share what’s good and bad with GHL so that they can improve. Remember, this is a German company, so they definitely cater to the European market. Just my 2¢. Give them a shot! :)
Thanks for the offer and support Esther but im in UK and I daren't find out how much it is to call USA.
I really cannot be bothered anymore with GHL, There is no need for things to be this complicated to use but they insist on doing so.

Back