New firmware update now available: Preparations for ION Director, increased dosing pump support and more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the offer and support Esther but im in UK and I daren't find out how much it is to call USA.
I really cannot be bothered anymore with GHL, There is no need for things to be this complicated to use but they insist on doing so.

iMessage is free, so you can text me whenever you’d like! Also, I rarely sleep, so I’m probably up at the same time you are. Haha. Offer still stands. I think you should give it a shot.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@windemerejack
We appreciate the feedback.
General updates take no longer than 5 minutes to complete once you're connected. If you're updating a PAB-device, then that depends on how extensive your setup is. Given the circumstances and how large of an update this is, there are a couple more steps involved here. Even so, it can be done in no more than 10 minutes.

Instructions for doing various things are available in the form of resource guides and how-to videos. If you're ever in need of some one-on-one assistance, you'll always have an option to use one of our support channels to use; support forum and/or ticket system.

If you'd like to discuss this some more, feel free to send me a message.
Thank you for the response Vinny, it is appreciated, i see more and more posts on forums which are basically 'how do i do this?' and such like regarding ghl. Me personally have never known anything so frustrating as the p4 i bought, i even just bought a khd but i have no faith at all in setting it up if a simple update can cause so many 'how do i do this' posts.
I just dont understand the need to so complicated as to cause frustration using your products.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iMessage is free, so you can text me whenever you’d like! Also, I rarely sleep, so I’m probably up at the same time you are. Haha. Offer still stands. I think you should give it a shot.
Its 21.15 here in UK.
Thank you so much for the offer, Ill think about over the weekend and get back to you :)

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one quick question, if I decide to stick with ghl should I update my p4 before or after I connect the khd and slave doser?

I would update it first. That way you don’t have to disconnect and reconnect anything. Do you have any GHL dosers you’re going to set up? If so, I would recommend you update P4, then update each doser individually and then connect the system the way you want.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one quick question, if I decide to stick with ghl should I update my p4 before or after I connect the khd and slave doser?
If it were me I would do things in this order, first update your computer with the new GCC. It has all the new updates in it. Second update the Profilux. Third, install the KH D‘s doser into your PAB devices. Forth, update the doser. Once all those are done then start the KHD set up

Last edited:

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would update it first. That way you don’t have to disconnect and reconnect anything. Do you have any GHL dosers you’re going to set up? If so, I would recommend you update P4, then update each doser individually and then connect the system the way you want.

If it were me I would do things in this order, first update your computer with the new GCC. It has all the new updates in it. Second update the Profilux. Third, install the KH D doser into your PAB devices. Forth, update the doser. Once all those are done then start the KHD set up
Thanks guys and gals, I really want to be able to get on with ghl as i want an ion director but we will see what happens at weekend

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@windemerejack I totally get what you’re saying on the programing of this thing. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into when I bought it. However I keep going down the rabbit hole. Hoping someday the people at GHL will listen and make some positive changes. I’m unfortunately to invested in the system to walk away. So I’m stuck with them, and likewise they are stuck with me. But I’m still here and using the equipment.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@windemerejack I totally get what you’re saying on the programing of this thing. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into when I bought it. However I keep going down the rabbit hole. Hoping someday the people at GHL will listen and make some positive changes. I’m unfortunately to invested in the system to walk away. So I’m stuck with them, and likewise they are stuck with me. But I’m still here and using the equipment.
Understandable when you've invested a lot of money in the product.
Luckily I haven't opened my khd yet so I can still send it back and sell my p4e package so monetary loss wont be that big if I decide to sell everything ghl.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may seem like a PIta when you first start out but once you understand the basic logic behind how they do things it get much much easier.

I would upgrade the P4 first then attach Doser for the KH and upgrade that and then the KH unit.

I am working on new videos to show additional things you can do easily with the P4 I been side tracked with the virus outbreak, but have them all scripted :)

And if you need help you I can help :) I have done Skype, Webex, Zoom when it comes to overseas :)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understandable when you've invested a lot of money in the product.
Luckily I haven't opened my khd yet so I can still send it back and sell my p4e package so monetary loss wont be that big if I decide to sell everything ghl.
Hi Jack, I understand your concerns, I have lots of GHL kit and get nervous every time a big update like this comes around myself.. but trust me it’s worth a little bit of stress around updates for the quality and reliability of the system. I’m in the UK so closer to you, but I haven’t done my update yet, I was waiting until I’m restricted to home by this virus... and my IOND to arrive and a 5m PAB cable that I need to update my dosers.. stick with it fella plenty of help on here, I’ll check back with you if I do it in the next few days...

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do one doser at a time.

Unplug all PAB devices from the back of the P4.
Then plug a separate cable into the back of your P4. I use LAN cables, CAT 5E or CAT 6 work just fine,
Go to your first doser or last, doesn’t matter.
Unplug the PAB cables on that doser.
Plug the other end of the separate LAN cable into that doser.
Update dosers firmware.
Unplug LAN cable plug your PAB cables back into your Doser.
Continue to do this for all dosers.
When done with all dosers remove LAN cable and plug your original PAB cables back into your P4.

At the end cycle power on everything To make it all reboot.

This way you don’t have to mess around with how your cables are routed.
Can the PAB cable be used instead of LAN cables, CAT 5E or CAT 6?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the PAB cable be used instead of LAN cables, CAT 5E or CAT 6?
The PAB cable is a Cat 5e LAN cable, so yes :)
97869350-3152-4315-BBDE-D80A44B48341.jpeg

Last edited:

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may seem like a PIta when you first start out but once you understand the basic logic behind how they do things it get much much easier.

I would upgrade the P4 first then attach Doser for the KH and upgrade that and then the KH unit.

I am working on new videos to show additional things you can do easily with the P4 I been side tracked with the virus outbreak, but have them all scripted :)

And if you need help you I can help :) I have done Skype, Webex, Zoom when it comes to overseas :)
Hi Jack, I understand your concerns, I have lots of GHL kit and get nervous every time a big update like this comes around myself.. but trust me it’s worth a little bit of stress around updates for the quality and reliability of the system. I’m in the UK so closer to you, but I haven’t done my update yet, I was waiting until I’m restricted to home by this virus... and my IOND to arrive and a 5m PAB cable that I need to update my dosers.. stick with it fella plenty of help on here, I’ll check back with you if I do it in the next few days...

Thanks for the support guys

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firmware upgrades are always scary IMO on any equipment - not only Profilux. However - IMO - the upgrade process with P4 is much easier than it was with the P3. The PAB upgrades is however a little bit more tricky - not the upgrade itself but that you need to do it for every single unit.

Sincerely Lasse

Dive Dive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, basic questions so forgive me for asking.....Do you disconnect all PAB devices (KHD, dosers, power outlets) prior to updating FW on P4? When you disconnect the power outlets will I lose power to the equipment connected to them? Once P4 is updated, then update all PAB devices as applicable?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updating the P4 itself everything can stay connected and should be done first.

When you update the connected PAB devices only one can be connected at a time for now.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also update expansion box 2 (to firmware V207) - if you have one - the issue with loosing signals from digital temp (and other probes) is reported to be solved in this update. I will run my update this afternoon for all my equipments.

Sincerely Lasse

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you disconnect all PAB devices (KHD, dosers, power outlets) prior to updating FW on P4?
Not needed but I don't think it can hurt. Since you need to disconnect everything anyway to update individual items I think this might as well be done from the beginning. But @Ditto might have a better suggestion.

Me, I think I will update my P4 first, make sure it runs fine with everything then proceed to update each item one at a time. Testing each item after updating. Just seems the safe way to do it.

When you disconnect the power outlets will I lose power to the equipment connected to them?
No need to loose power, you are just needing to disconnect the PAB cable.
Make sure your power bars are set up to have switches on or off by default. So when you disconnect the PAB the powerbar uses the default settings.

In GCC, to do this go to:
System
Expand PAB devices
Click on the powerbar you want to edit the default on/off switch
Click the configuration button.
Check the switches you want ON by default. Uncheck the switches you want OFF by default.

In my example below switch #2 is off by default

powerbar default.jpg

Once P4 is updated, then update all PAB devices as applicable?

Yes, just do them individually. One at a time and have NO other PAB devices connected to your P4 while updating those separate components.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back